Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it's that time. MONSTER JAM, World Finals! I did this run last year and loved it. Some of you seemed to enjoy my postings also so I'm going to try it again. One BIG change for this trip. This year my wife will be going along! This will be her first time working a show as big as this and will be the first long road trip for her in 20-25yrs...we used to do it in our young days but 500 miles is the most we do at a time now. I will keep it around 500 a day but 5 days in a row...we'll see! lol......

Attachments

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Nice I can't wait to see your updates. I followed last year and I'll follow again this year. Thanks subscribing

·
avoider of idiots
6,585 Posts
post it up carnage! i'll be watching your posts!
regards,
dave

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you guys. I'll try to keep it interesting!
I AM going to start it off with a bit of a back story. I have been playing with Monster trucks for over 30yrs and my wife almost as long...We have seen several owners come and go, Live nation, Clear channel and a few others I can't think of right now. Monster Jam is now owned by Feld Entertainment. They also own Ringling bros. circus, Disney on ice, Nitro circus and a few other things. Our branch is Feld Motorsports.
Now, February 18th I flew to Oakland Ca. for a show. When I landed and turned my phone back on I had a message from my wife, her mother had a major stroke and she was on her way to Bristol tn. where her parents live. I called my event manager and he knew about it and turned me around right there...never even walked out of the airport. Feld flew me right back to Bristol to be with my family. They also covered for me at that show and the next. Sorry to say but Becky's mom never recovered and we laid her to rest on the 2nd.
NOW, back to the trip! I worked long and hard to get Becky at Vegas. I didn't think it was going to happen but we are both dedicated and loyal so the show must go on! I think it will be Very good therapy for Becky to get out, see some of our country and be with friends. The hard work will help too!
We pulled out of Pa this morning. First stop, her Dad's in Bristol. Same old same old. Made this trip many times so nothing to tell and no Pics. The real trip for me starts in the morning when we head west......Into rain if the weather guy is right. I'll have more to tell and hope some pics when we stop tomorrow night. Until then.......:biker:

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
Sounds like a fun trip!!

·
NevRL8
187 Posts
good luck, Carnage! solid rain in central/southern Indiana today & tomorrow..hope you dodge it. i'll keep track of your adventures.

·
Black Velvet Elvis
169 Posts
Good luck from your neighbors in Apollo, PA. Look forward to checking in on your trip.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, day one down....It was a looong day to not go very far. We did do over 300 miles but in rain..all day..not real hard but enough. At the end it opened up. So bad I couldn't see anymore, had to hit an overpass to wait it out for a while. Took the next exit and got a room for the night.
I want to give a BIG "THANK YOU" to Boswell's Harley Davidson in Cookeville Tn. Nice people! Salesman out front saw our plate and was instantly interested in our story. They invited us in to sit by the fire and drink a hot cup of coffee. I just love the "down home" bike shops. Wish more of them were like that.
Took some pics to keep Ya'all happy (have to use ya'all in Tennessee) Us pulling out, rest stop for fuel and Boswell's. More tomorrow.

Attachments

·
Lost in Space
6,859 Posts
The good thing about rain is that it isn't snow. Ride safe and enjoy the time together.

·
Registered
39,442 Posts
This pertains to my interests....

·
Registered
581 Posts
Ride safe and enjoy. Look forward to reading more about your trip.

"I'd rather be riding my motorcycle thinking about God than sitting in church thinking about my motorcycle"

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
This will be fun to read. Not as fun as the ride but we'll take it. Be safe!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Day two and more rain. Yes peanut, it IS better than snow! When I rode through here last year there was a foot of it on the ground so 55deg. is much better even if I am wet. Made good miles today. I didn't check them but I'm not getting dressed to go look now! We stopped around 5:30 at Landers Toad Suck Harley Davidson. Conway Arkansas. A GREAT place. Everyone was so nice,come to the lounge, get yourselves some coffee, Relax. Picked up some chips, pin for my vest, charm for her and she found a pair of boots that fit and on sale so.......
Still raining and getting dark. Bob at Toad Suck gave us a recommended place to eat so we got a room and went and ate. Had an awesome steak, taters and mac and cheese. So now I'm stuffed and kicked back in the room playing on this thing. That's it for now, nothing exciting so I'll give you the pics of the day. They will be the hotel in the morning, first rest stop, road pic makes it look better than it was, stop two and Landers.

Attachments

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Almost forgot......When we went into Landers, Bob came over to meet us. While we chatted he told us about his Road King and how my "dresser" was better for our trip! Look again Bob...I ride a King!
He had to go out and look! He was impressed with the job I did on the fairing so that made me happy!
One more pic for ya and yes, I look better without the helmet hair...

Attachments

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Aw Biggerhammer that would have made my day! Maybe on the way back? To anyone else, we are taking rt 40 all the way to Nevada. If you are near there we would love to stop for a quick hello! Even better if there's a Harley shop near.
Biggerhammer, next time you're at Boswell's make sure you tell the girls at the counter you saw this. I promised I would give them a good word here.:biker:

1 - 20 of 88 Posts