Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody out there have this? Mine flares up from time to time and makes my feet hurt like hell the day after a ride. I keep them stretched and iced regularly. Anybody found a certain kind of boots or treatment tips?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
870 Posts
I was at a podiatrist two weeks ago for what I thought was fasciaetis, mine turned out to be an inflamed achiles tendon.

But the doc told me the worst thing I do is walk around without shoes on in the house, he said mine is caused by a lack of arch support.

Go on youtube, there are all kinds of stretching excersises you can do. My doc said I should start stretching the plantar and the achilies tendon BEFORE I even get out of bed. Ice packs and as much ibeprophen as your stomach will handle will also bring relief.

Now the next part I won't blame you if you think I'm crazy, when I heard it I thought it was.

But a friend suggested a 2oz shot of Apple Cider Vinegar every night at bedtime. Apple Cider Vinegar is a substantial anti oxidant and a VERY effective anti inflammatory (even if used as a topical). He said get the stuff at a health food store, grocery store stuff does not contain enough vinegar

This guy swore, one shot at bedtime and I'd feel relief by morning. I thought he was giving me an old wives tale, but I had been on crutches for five days already and was looking for any kind of relief. I went to a health food store and got the good stuff. Took 2 oz at bedtime and by God the next morning, after some stretching and an ice pack I could walk normally.

I don't take it every night, it is some nasty nasty tasting crap. But if I have done a lot of walking on hard concrete and know that I may have stressed the muscles in my feet, I take a shot at bedtime and have not had a problem since.

·
Señor Member
19,666 Posts
Some one told be to dilute it in a glass of water.

Haven't tried it yet. I'm afraid of yucky tastes. :bluduh

·
Armed&Conscientious
535 Posts
I soak my feet in Apple Cider Vinegar often, it helps. I have worn steel toe boots for close to 40 years, my feet hurt often.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
I'm 62 1/2 and I've had it for 3 years in my left foot. I've tried stretching, got PF boots that you wear at night, tried apple cider vinegar, Celebrex ( took for arthritis - have stopped taking ).
I also surf and my local beach has cobblestone ocean floor that you have to walk 75-100' at low tide to get to paddle-able depth. Now, that's a lot of fun.

:bigbarf

·
EVO RULER
3,722 Posts
Get your doctor to give you some vicodin that an a couple of shots of beam good to go!!!

·
Banned
482 Posts
I don't recommend this but I had it real bad on my right foot until last year. That's when I crashed on a rain slick turn and shattered my right leg. Doc called it a pylon fracture. Not sure of that spelling but it sounds like that's how it would be spelled. I no longer feel that plantar problem anymore. Just pure pain now. A year latter an now they say I have a non-union. So see, I don't recommend that fix.:rollinSo there are worse things.:think

On a more to the point context, I did get a device that you slip on your foot. It has a piece on the toe you pull back on and attach to your ankle. That stretches the plantar. Leave on as long as you can stand and it does/did help. Almost gets painful if you go too long though. But it did work. I was surprised.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Apple Cider Vinegar, Tequila, salt and lime.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Anybody out there have this? Mine flares up from time to time and makes my feet hurt like hell the day after a ride. I keep them stretched and iced regularly. Anybody found a certain kind of boots or treatment tips?

I have and wear a heel insert in both shoes, and sometimes wear a special arch support wrap. My left foot gave me problems and now it is barely noticeable. I don't go barefoot at home and what I did discover is wearing crocs at home when I want to be barefoot eliminates any pain what-so-ever. I even wear them to the store or out to eat sometimes.

·
Glad to be anywhere
4,327 Posts
A podiatrist or chiropractor that casts feet can make a set of orthotics which will help. I haven't tried Dr Schols at Walmart yet.

Grab a towel and use it like a rope to pull back on the foot to stretch the plantar fascia. Roll your foot over a coke bottle or golf ball.

Ultrasound and electric stim can help. If no improvement after 3 visits stop.

·
Señor Member
19,666 Posts
A podiatrist or chiropractor that casts feet can make a set of orthotics which will help. I haven't tried Dr Schols at Walmart yet.

Grab a towel and use it like a rope to pull back on the foot to stretch the plantar fascia. Rl your foot over a coke bottle or golf ball.

Ultrasound and electric stim can help. If no improvement after 3 visits stop.
Orthotics give my dad his active life back. Great advice in my opinion.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Orthotics will definitely help you! Make sure you get ones that are designed (or even custom-made) for your feet to maximize your relief!

·
Registered
870 Posts
I freeze a 3/4 full container of bottled water.

·
GO AVS
890 Posts
Mine got so bad had to have surgery. Could not walk for a month so it would heal. Sucked. This was at a time I was working 70 hours a week selling cars. I now use custom orthotics in everything!

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I soak my feet in Apple Cider Vinegar often, it helps. I have worn steel toe boots for close to 40 years, my feet hurt often.
Going on 30 years here. I'm going to try these tricks. My feet(well, my whole body) hurt all the time. I haven't been very nice to my body all these years.

·
Registered
129 Posts

My best friend just had his second surgery for that condition. Got one side done and then the other. There is no real treatment other than to have surgery. Its like carpal tunnel, once you got it, you got it and the only relief is surgery. Downtime? About a week and a half. It changed his life. It was affecting his knees, back etc in an effort to compensate.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I bought some apple cidar vinegar and tried a small taste. I don't know if I've got enough fuzz on my peaches to swallow 2 oz. at a time. It's vile stuff. Usually after I get a flare-up calmed down, I'm good for a few months. Haven't been able to get this one calmed down for some reason. I've got agood friend that's bad the surgery and she's pretty happy with the results. Good to hear some other successes with it from others. Unfortunately, that may be my next step.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts