Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Dyna FXDB
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Today, I removed the rear wheel from the bike for the tire replacement. I also took off the homemade side mount/axle mount lighted license plate mount. I am going to redo it, so it is much nicer, both functionally and aesthetically.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Locking hubs Tread

Table Gas Auto part Rectangle Gadget

Lastly-removed the highway brackets/pegs. The bike is going without them.

·
Registered
2006 Dyna FXDB
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Also, today: The rear wheel's belt pulley and brake rotor have been removed from the wheel. I think the tire swap will be easier, and they can be cleaned and polished well on the workbench.

Automotive tire Circle Automotive wheel system Metal Auto part

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Alloy wheel

·
Registered
2006 Dyna FXDB
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Today: removed the tire, tube, and rubber rim strip from the wheel. Also removed the wrinkle black rocker covers and placed new chrome ones on there. They are not bolted on yet. I think I may sit the rest of the day out, my heart's just not into it.
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread

Musical instrument Automotive tire Automotive lighting Tread Tire

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

·
Registered
2006 Dyna FXDB
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It's getting a new rim strip, tube, and night dragon tire. I have not purchased the rim strip and tube yet. I am just going to put some ride on sealer/balancer in the tire prior to riding it and call it balanced. Sometimes I don't even bother balancing. I line up the dot on the tire with the valve stem, that's all. I commend everyone who does it correctly, yet I've never had a problem in 43 years of riding.

·
Registered
2006 Dyna FXDB
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Today, the paint was stripped from the license plate assembly for the license plate project. I also ordered the items that are needed to complete it.

Auto part Automotive exterior Metal Bumper Composite material

·
Registered
2006 Dyna FXDB
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Today, the rider foot peg brackets were removed and disassembled. I want to try to salvage the brackets as best that they can be – grungy!

Hand tool Tobacco pipe Metalworking hand tool Metal Nickel

·
Registered
2006 Dyna FXDB
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Today I put a new OEM air filter in the Dyna and installed the air filter cover with a new Joker Machine Chrome Smooth Air Cleaner Cover Centerpiece. It fits me style – nice, and yet nothing too fancy.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
2006 Dyna FXDB
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
This is what the rear fender strut assembly will look like once chromed. This one has a funky pointed rear fender on it – mine will not. The new rear signals attach to the hole(s) in the side of the chrome piece. The upper shock bolts attach to the two larger holes in the chrome piece. The seat attaches to the rocket shaped bolt on top of the rear fender. Mine will have a chrome thumbscrew bolt for the seat. Thanks for looking at my bike project!

Automotive lighting Fender Bumper Rim Automotive exterior

I'm also going to have them chrome the tank's dash.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts