Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my bike has been running awesome and i rode it 3 days ago went to go for a spin last night after work and idle sounded kinda off i thought maybe just cuz it was cold! than i went for a ride after warming up once i come to a stop and give it gas and let the clutch out it has hell going cutting out light flickering all that and if it dont die than it will go through gears but stumble as soon as u give it throttle to fast or ride steady about 1/4 any ideas what it could be ? its the bike in my sig also

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
Staor is bad. Smell the primary oil. If it smells like ass then the stator is shot and needs to be replaced. Battery and voltage regulator should be checked as well.

·
Registered
42,150 Posts
Staor is bad. Smell the primary oil. If it smells like ass then the stator is shot and needs to be replaced. Battery and voltage regulator should be checked as well.
Yup. Classic symptom of charging system failure when you have electronic ignition.

Do a Stator test with a multi-meter. If it checks good, then replace regulator.

·
Registered
864 Posts
I would recommend contacting California Phil

902 Lincoln St, Concordia, KS 66901
(785) 243-9991

I'm not connected to him but when the stator in my 02 E-glide puked he set me up with an improved three phase system (stator, rotor and voltage regulator) that greatly improved output, even at idle. The kit was an exact swap out and works great. Great guy to work with too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts