Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please tell me someone has a base map or a tuned map for the following.. Im trying to help my Dad out.. everyone has been trying to give him the run around and not willing to help just trying to charge him and sell him a bunch of stuff. Here is his setup.

07 fxstd 96" to 106"
S&S 585 cams
screamin eagle CDO head P&P
2.1" intake 1.65" exhaust
10.1 Compression ????
screamin eagle stage 1 filter
2 in 1 Vance and hines exhaust
Screamin Eagle race tuner ( black with orange letters)

He also has huge injectors which of course when installed shoots gas out the exhaust like crazy.. They told him he needed them..

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
Most likely, that build is specific enough that he'll need a dyno run.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Were just trying to get a close enough base map... He tried going to a dyno and the guy told him. they couldnt tune it because the tuner was to old. But he had one for sale for 800.00 and he would tune it for another 45.00

·
Banned
71 Posts
Were just trying to get a close enough base map... He tried going to a dyno and the guy told him. they couldnt tune it because the tuner was to old. But he had one for sale for 800.00 and he would tune it for another 45.00
Who did the build ??????????????

With a MoCo race tuner, the Dealer should be able to tune it .

·
Señor Member
19,872 Posts
Doesn't the RaceTuner have canned maps on their site? I'm with chas, with that much custom you may only get close. That kind of care deserves dyno time.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My dad did the build.. it was a kit he bought from Harley. He has been to the dealer several times. trying to get them just to put a base map for the upgrades in. and they keep telling him the race tuner does not have the software to support it... which really doesn't make that much sense.. All the upgrades were available when the tuner was released. So his tuner should be able to handle it no problem. right?

·
Señor Member
19,872 Posts
My dad did the build.. it was a kit he bought from Harley. He has been to the dealer several times. trying to get them just to put a base map for the upgrades in. and they keep telling him the race tuner does not have the software to support it... which really doesn't make that much sense.. All the upgrades were available when the tuner was released. So his tuner should be able to handle it no problem. right?

I would think so. I'd do some reading on the RaceTuner website.

·
Registered
43,153 Posts
Doesn't the RaceTuner have canned maps on their site? I'm with chas, with that much custom you may only get close. That kind of care deserves dyno time.
I know the older version, SERT, had canned maps on the software CD.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
the map on the cd.. are limited.. the cam selection does'nt go high enough.. a a few other items are the same way.. I have NOT seen any of it personally.. I will be in Delaware this Thursday to try to figure this out... Driving 10 hrs just to at least try and help him

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
I hate to say this, but he may be SOL! If the canned maps on the CD won't work, there may not be another option other than a newer tuner. Contact, via e-mail, or if lucky, phone,Harley and see if they have a solution. Might be software for this tuner has been discontinued.

·
Retired citizen
24,526 Posts
Try the S&S website, they have a generic H-D tuner software for their generic H-D ECM. It's the same as Harley's but totally adjustable. It's on a CD that has to be purchased.
I've got the program loaded on my shop laptop and I've used it a bunch of times.
FYI, S&S and Harley are now teamed up.

·
Hard Member
3,256 Posts
Try the S&S website, they have a generic H-D tuner software for their generic H-D ECM. It's the same as Harley's but totally adjustable. It's on a CD that has to be purchased.
I've got the program loaded on my shop laptop and I've used it a bunch of times.
FYI, S&S and Harley are now teamed up.
And S&S still spikes the punch?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts