Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Very close friend and coworker of mine got hit thursday night while on his way in to work. Truck came flying out of a side street and took him out. Hes currently hospitalized with 2 broken legs, broken pelvis and multiple fractures. Hes the sole provider for his household with his soon to be wife, 5 year old son and one on the way due in June. The doctor told him it'll be atleast 3 months before he can start to try and walk again. He just had 2 surgerys and more on the way. Hes a great guy, loyal and trustworthy. Hes one of those people who light the room up when he walks in. If anyone has some spare change laying around, please donate to this man. If not, please share the link. My boss set up a gofundme acct for him and his family to help him get by until he can get back to work. Thank you guys

http://www.gofundme.com/qx4h92ah9

Thanks again,
Steve

·
Asylum Inmate
12,727 Posts
This accident does not show up in the Florida statewide motorcycle crash report.

Where did this accident take place. I would like to verify before deciding.

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts

·
Registered
43,105 Posts
Agreed. I would like to see a news report or something similar.

First post....
You state you are from NY, say he is a close friend and co worker, while he is from Florida....

·
Administrator
13,595 Posts
I removed the link until evidence is produced.

If anyone feels compelled to donate, PM IlDuce directly.

Thanks

·
The Extreme Member
1,477 Posts
Sounds fishy to me not enough evidence. No hits on google or news links
???

·
On Probation
2,205 Posts
Read this 3 times.....Don't see anything about Florida!
Although I have been drinking.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Its cool, I noticed that I didnt have any posts here (I thought this was a different forum).. but i am an upstanding member on a few other forums (hdforums.com, shovelhead.us, etc)

http://www.hcso.tampa.fl.us:8181/CallsForService

Cant send direct link, sort it by date April 2nd, time 20:29 and 20:35,

TANGLED OAKS TL & POLK COUNTY LI
Type: TRAFFIC CRASH - WITH INJURIES
04/02/2015 @ 08:35 PM
Grid:3571
Report Number:202587

TANGLED OAKS TL & COUNTY LINE RD S
Type: TRAFFIC CRASH - WITH INJURIES
04/02/2015 @ 08:29 PM
Grid:3906
Report Number:202568

As for my location (Look at my join date) I moved to florida 3 years ago..

As for legitimacy.. Look up the company we work for..

·
Registered
476 Posts
Sorry to hear about it. Does Florida not have mandatory Insurance? If it's the trucks fault that insurance co. should start paying through the nose. I do realize it takes some time. He needs a good lawyer ASAP.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank you, it's much appreciated. Anything helps.

As for insurance, that "mandatory" insurance, doesn't really work.. In my profession, I see plenty of vehicles with no insurance, expired tags, etc. I'm sure his family is trying to go through the guys insurance now to get some of this stuff paid for.. He's gone through 2 surgery so far and has another scheduled Tuesday

Thanks again,
Steve

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Knee mail sent for now. I'll try to send something next week after I get paid and my daughters wedding.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.