Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No not the wife lol I AM KIDDING!

just got an 00 Fat Boy looking for bags or possibly luggage rack & tail bag would love to see pictures of what you all are using

Thanks,

Ron

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Here is my former scooter, an '05 Fat Boy with Boss Bags made right here in Wisconsin. Extremely heavy leather bags with a great quick disconnect set up. Not cheap, but high quality. Would recommend them to anyone looking for new bags.
Motorcycle Saddlebags By Boss Bags 1-888-853-9975

Attachments

·
Former Lurker
3,619 Posts
My former bike with Iron Bags.
The high roller model with black/vs chrome studs and fringe...
Very high quality. Not cheap, but well made, almost as stiff as hard bags.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
i had a 00 Fatboy before my Ultra. (loved that bike) I think it's going to depend allot on your pipe configuration. I belive the stock pipes are pretty high. the passenger peg comes out in between the two pipes. This made my left side bag virtually useless since it sat so close to the pipes. It was burning through... So pipes may need to be a consideration

·
Registered
419 Posts
Here are a few pics of my 2013 Fat Boy with the HD smaller bags,
which are real handy especially around town. They are leather over
hard plastic, and bolt on the fender bars. And they do hold
a good weekends worth of clothes and stuff, and they're locking.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
i had a 00 Fatboy before my Ultra. (loved that bike) I think it's going to depend allot on your pipe configuration. I belive the stock pipes are pretty high. the passenger peg comes out in between the two pipes. This made my left side bag virtually useless since it sat so close to the pipes. It was burning through... So pipes may need to be a consideration
Good point CF. In order to make my right side bag useful, and because I didn't like the pipes around the passenger peg on that side, I put a set of stock pipes from a Heritage on my FB.

·
Registered
57 Posts
River Road X-Large Slanted Saddlebags - $250
Monticello 28" Upright Bag on wheels - ( Wal-mart ) $40
Sleeping bag $ 40
Made my ride like sitting in my recliner .

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Good point, fortunately the long shots are low & I wouldn't mind finding someone to trade me for the V&H short shots staggered or some reinhearts either...

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Very nice thank you, they look good on there!

Here are a few pics of my 2013 Fat Boy with the HD smaller bags,
which are real handy especially around town. They are leather over
hard plastic, and bolt on the fender bars. And they do hold
a good weekends worth of clothes and stuff, and they're locking.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That's a good idea but with the V&H I don't have those worries

Good point CF. In order to make my right side bag useful, and because I didn't like the pipes around the passenger peg on that side, I put a set of stock pipes from a Heritage on my FB.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That looks like a real cool place! I seriously thought about a back pack and mesh bungee seeing how no one ever rides with me.

River Road X-Large Slanted Saddlebags - $250
Monticello 28" Upright Bag on wheels - ( Wal-mart ) $40
Sleeping bag $ 40
Made my ride like sitting in my recliner .

1 - 20 of 31 Posts