Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to replace/upgrade the plug wires on the 91 Heritage with the evo. The dealer has both Accel & Screaming Eagle, at about the same price. I am looking for opinions, suggestions, or reviews on which to use. Thanks!

·
Retired citizen
24,290 Posts
Stock OEM black wires are perfect ! IMO .
Unless you want some flashy colored wires to show off with !

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Windwalker
Go with "flashy".....Screaming Eagle.... bright red ! :)
Colt.45

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
I like J&P Cycles "HOT-FIRE" fat wires 11.5 O.D. dyno tested to give a 12+ h.p. increase over factory stock OEM wires ! ( At least that's what their claiming ! ) But they shore are purtty and impressive lookin .
Available in red-black or white .

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Stock wires are inexpensive, and do the job as well or better than anything else. No wire is going to improve performance. ( Unless the wire being replaced is defective)

·
Registered
569 Posts
I agree, no wire is going to make any noticeable difference in either performance or economy. I tried a lot of them along with other snake oil people sold me when I was new at playing around with cars. None of them at any price made one little bit of difference.

·
Registered
811 Posts
I agree, no wire is going to make any noticeable difference in either performance or economy. I tried a lot of them along with other snake oil people sold me when I was new at playing around with cars. None of them at any price made one little bit of difference.

I totally agree except with the steel wires, they help rather than the carbon core regular ones. They sure play hell with radios/electronics though.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys! Not into flash, probably go with the stock one. The set on there came with the bike, and one is rather long and goofy looking. She is not starting like she used to, hoping that and a new set of plugs will set things right.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Of course , anything that comes stock OEM installed by the "MOCO" factory , is just as good as anything out there provided by the aftermarket . Maybe be ugly as hell , but it gets the job done . But if the A/M wires are not price prohibitive and are more pleasing to the eye & make outlandish claims of increased horsepower who cares . Give me the purty ones !
It only cost a little more to go first class ! LOL!

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Fuelmoto Race Wires. Come in black or red. Or just plain old stock wires.
Fuelmoto Race Wires

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Reactions: olddad64

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
FORD Freshly Overhauled Rebuilt Dodge

1 - 20 of 21 Posts