Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to share a video of the police bikes at a funeral I attended yesterday. I did not take the video. I just wanted to share the heart felt experience I felt while seeing all the awesome Harley Davidson police bikes. My heart goes out to the family of fallen NYPD Police Officer Liu and all brothers in blue. Nothing moves my heart like seeing all the bikes in formation and feeling the Harley rumble eminate over the crowd of silence in morning. For those of you who own Police bikes, you will appriciate this.

·
Indecisive Member
292 Posts
I wish there was a like button.

·
Registered
5,218 Posts
Thanks for posting. I think there were 147 rows of two.
There was at least two 2014/2015 bikes that had blue/red lights in the fairing vent.

·
Village Idiot
2,300 Posts
A great way to honor him.

Did anyone else notice the lone BMW at about the 2:17 mark?

·
Fast Lane Crew
438 Posts
Watched it on CNN yesterday. Pretty impressive.

Yep, saw the lone BMW. That's what the QPP motorcycle police ride across the river from me .

May he rest in peace.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I did see the lone BMW in the crowd, stuck out like a sore thumb, lol.

·
Retired citizen
24,163 Posts
Yeah. Very nice for the slayin' officers. Nice funeral. Upstanding to say the least.
Who's paying the TAB ?
Are all these officers attending paying their own way ? Flight fares, meals, hotels, miles, time off from regular duties ???
2 COPS killed in the line of duty and 1000 cops (take off work) for the funeral ?
1 US Marine loses his life in a foreign country and gets shipped home in a cardboard box for his parents to sort out ! No fan fare, think about that for a little while !

·
Fast Lane Crew
438 Posts
I see your point, Schmidtys. A true point.

The military here in Canada get the same deal. It's sickening, to say the least.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah. Very nice for the slayin' officers. Nice funeral. Upstanding to say the least.
Who's paying the TAB ?
Are all these officers attending paying their own way ? Flight fares, meals, hotels, miles, time off from regular duties ???
2 COPS killed in the line of duty and 1000 cops (take off work) for the funeral ?
1 US Marine loses his life in a foreign country and gets shipped home in a cardboard box for his parents to sort out ! No fan fare, think about that for a little while !
Cops are all there on there own time. Its more like 20,000+ cops, not 1000. Department does not give time off, they go either before or after their shift if not on day tour. Only cops on duty are the actual ones part of detail, all others volunteer on their own time and pay their own way. Cops in detail are on straight time, not overtime. Some are tour changed so still department time, they were on regular clock anyway. Funeral home donated their services so no cost to family or department. Jet blue donated flights to out of state officers so no cost to tax payers or departments. All in all doesn't cost the people a dime.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Any other expenses are paid by the unions which the members of the union pay into every pay check so we pick up the tab with our own money as well. Still no cost to tax payers. The department is 35,000 members plus so no shortage of union funds. We take care of our own.

·
luv the low country
19,980 Posts
Thanks for sharing. RIP officer Liu.

·
Retired citizen
24,163 Posts
There are more military deaths every given day then US police deaths. I'm not trying to make police deaths less important but they shouldn't be more important than military deaths !
The only reason I'm commenting on this subject is because it hit a cord in my spine !
This is a HARLEY FORUM ! Has nothing to do with this subject.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
There are more military deaths every given day then US police deaths. I'm not trying to make police deaths less important but they shouldn't be more important than military deaths !
The only reason I'm commenting on this subject is because it hit a cord in my spine !
This is a HARLEY FORUM ! Has nothing to do with this subject.
I totally agree, our government shafts our fallen military soldiers. The governments way of doing things is pretty pathetic. I've served 22 years in the US Coast Guard, 5 active and know it quite well. Police funerals are the way they are. In large metro areas the PD has large unions and large support so they are able to make this happen. I wish every soldier could have a send off in the same way. I posted this video because I'm proud that the motor carrier units promidently use Harley Davidson's and I'm proud to ride a Harley Davidson. Seeing all the bikes just made me want to share with the Harley community.

·
Banned
71 Posts
Who's paying the TAB ?
And the Corps does not take off for the week either !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :USA

·
Fast Lane Crew
438 Posts
Just for the record, my reply was not meant as a dig or disrespect towards LEO's in any way.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Who's taking off a week, don't understand that one?

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,855 Posts
2 more NY cops shot responding to a call. Not the same as the last 2, but still not a safe occupation for these guys lately... hell, can't say it's ever been safe to be a cop.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts