Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Now that is something else!!!
I am not from around there, but I find it amazing that the cop can yell at the guy and swear and threaten to kill him, but should he do anything like that towards the cop it would mean he gets charged with assault, or worse???
And how about knocking him off the bike??? Purposely Wreckless endangerment???

Perhaps I dont understand correctly. But a good video!

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I know. I caught this at another site and there was praise for how safely the officer handled the situation. I'm not there yet, but could possibly understand the officer's reaction if he thought the guy had a weapon and was about to use it. But still, had the biker or the officer been in a bad accident with all those red lights they went through, then I think praise might have changed to condemnation. Still don't know what to think about using the car to knock him off the bike. :eek:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Fortunately, innocent people did not get hurt in the chase. I have no problem with the police knocking the punk off his bike. Clearly, the biker had no respect for anyone else or the law. Maybe police cars should have some of those big claws on them like the garbage trucks have. That way they can just reach over and pick the garbage off the bike and minimizing injuries to others.
:bat

·
Registered
41 Posts
Can we say "bump drafting"? Steve, I sure hope this is not what you were thinking when we talked about tapeing a ride someday? Or was it?
In all reality, if the rider was just being stopped for speeding and not known to have done a serious crime, was this chase needed? I think the officer got close enough to get the plate number, why risk it? Too much other traffic and intersections. back off, remove the pressure and hope another unit spots him later. everyone lives to try again tomorrow

·
Tire Killer
99 Posts
Can we say "bump drafting"? Steve, I sure hope this is not what you were thinking when we talked about tapeing a ride someday? Or was it?
In all reality, if the rider was just being stopped for speeding and not known to have done a serious crime, was this chase needed? I think the officer got close enough to get the plate number, why risk it? Too much other traffic and intersections. back off, remove the pressure and hope another unit spots him later. everyone lives to try again tomorrow
AMEN..

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah... Thinking the same. And hey, when we record that ride, thought a couple of bumps into your fender would add nice drama to the recording!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Well said, I agree 100%.

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Came across this post from a LEO having viewed the video clip...

As an LEO, I hate videos like this. In my department, the cop would have been charged with three counts of attempt homicide, one count for each time he ran into the bike. We are strickly forbidden to bump, PIT, or make any contact with a two wheel vehicle unless deadly force is justified. Am I for people running from the police, no! But a cop driving out of control like that is a lawsuit waiting to happen. What would have happened if the biker got tagged going through a red, he would have died and a person or family would at the very least been traumatized. Now what happens if the cop running the same light without clearing the intersection gets hit or hits someone and kills them? Plain and simple, the biker should not have run, the cop should have terminated the pursuit after the first blown red light and if I was that guy's Sergeant, at least under our policies, he would not have come to work the next night.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts