Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, Bought a new 1200 custom in December. When I received the registration with the vin I noticed it's a police model. Anything special or different with the motor or anything else on the police models? Thanks.

·
Retired citizen
23,391 Posts
A police model Sportster ! Where the heck do they put the radio ?

·
Registered
39,573 Posts
Looks like they have a trunk mounted radio in this pic.

·
Retired citizen
23,391 Posts
Oh ya, crash bar with the reds and blues, cop seat etc.. Wonder if they have a big amp stator and regulator.
I've worked on Dynas setup for police duty but that's the first Sporty I've seen.

·
On Probation
2,205 Posts
That must be what they put the rookies on......:mooning::rollin

·
Hit it she goes boom
5,114 Posts
Hope they have a bigger tank too, pretty funny watching a cop in the rear view reaching for reserve..

·
On Probation
2,205 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Are you saying a Sportster is a chick's bike?:what?
He's the guy who tells you helmets are dangerous because you can't hear or see anything. Then tells everyone his leathers make him more safe when he goes down.

Them rookies probably never rode a sportster, being real men and all. They don't realize the weight to torque ratio on a 1200 is better than the half ton bikes have.

·
Registered
39,573 Posts

·
Registered
12,006 Posts

·
On Probation
2,205 Posts
He's the guy who tells you helmets are dangerous because you can't hear or see anything. Then tells everyone his leathers make him more safe when he goes down.

Them rookies probably never rode a sportster, being real men and all. They don't realize the weight to torque ratio on a 1200 is better than the half ton bikes have.
LMAO......I knew someone would get all butt hurt over this thread.:mooning:

·
On Probation
2,205 Posts
1 - 20 of 29 Posts