Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after 50 mph loud popping out exhaust then motor dies. plugs look good. pushrods adjusted correctly. new intake seals but still have a small leak when spray testing. idles great and runs great under 50 mph. lots of pinging in 4rth gear while maintaining speeds over 45. its ok to email thoughts to [email protected].

·
Banned
71 Posts
after 50 mph loud popping out exhaust then motor dies. plugs look good. pushrods adjusted correctly. new intake seals but still have a small leak when spray testing. idles great and runs great under 50 mph. lots of pinging in 4rth gear while maintaining speeds over 45. its ok to email thoughts to [email protected].
It's running lean.....fix the intake seals first . :)

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
As stated any leak will cause issues. What year and type of bike? Dose it have points? Timing advanced too much will cause pinging. Use some fuel mixed with Berrimans Chem tool Carb cleaner. If the main jet has any dirt or gum in it it will wash it away. I used it last tank full and my plugs look great with a tinge of coffee color to them. No more coughing at random stops starts etc. Just went for a nice uninterrupted ride.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As stated any leak will cause issues. What year and type of bike? Dose it have points? Timing advanced too much will cause pinging. Use some fuel mixed with Berrimans Chem tool Carb cleaner. If the main jet has any dirt or gum in it it will wash it away. I used it last tank full and my plugs look great with a tinge of coffee color to them. No more coughing at random stops starts etc. Just went for a nice uninterrupted ride.
its a 1984 ironhead

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.