Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Nocturnal Ancestor
6,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Might be wrong section to post in?... but whatever

I noticed while riding with wife that her 08 deluxe would pop/backfire a little through exhaust a little when she let off throttle to shift? never noticed it before

I didn't say anything at the time..didn't want her to freak out, and when we got home she commented on how good her bike was running..that was last sunday...

Well a few minutes ago out of the blue she said she noticed it doing that??

Where to start??
I'll try riding it tomoorow to start out with!
I searched and found it could be anything from low voltage to leaking exhaust pipe to bent valve or crank..:eek

All I know about the bike is it has Vance&hines pipes and very loud..don't know if it has any fuel managment/pac?

I might not dig into it til Saturday....any tips??

Thanks!!

·
Registered
803 Posts
First thing I would do is check to see if the exhaust nuts are loose causing a gasket leak, common problem.

·
Nocturnal Ancestor
6,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks ..first thing I'll look into!!:)

·
Registered
236 Posts
Could also be a lean condition due to performance exhaust with breather sometimes needs fuel management ,cert or programmer.

·
Nocturnal Ancestor
6,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I looked over the bike and everything seemed fine and rode out on hwy five miles and back..didn't notice anything and ran great.
Today we rode about a hundred miles and no problem....wonder if some funky gas ? could have caused it..we filled up at our regular place today..

Just ride.....just ride!

:nod:nod

1 - 6 of 6 Posts