Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I pull up to a stop and rev the motor a bit because, well because it sounds cool and I like it, but from time to time when I do this, it sounds like somebody takes a wrench and slaps the side of the engine housing with a loud CLANK. Doesn't do it every time, but probably 4-6 times out of 10. I took it in for service and told them about it and they could not replicate the event. After that visit, it seems to only do it 2-3 times out of 10 now, but still does it. Has anyone ever had this happen? 2014 Electra Glide Ultra Classic, Screaming Eagle Street Cannons, Tuner, and Air Intake.

TIA,
Mark

·
Retired citizen
24,282 Posts
What side of the bike is the CLANK coming from ?

·
nitro freak
1,264 Posts
ACR is a "automatic compression release",screws into th top of the head,that would not make the noise your referring to. (BTW,no one really wants to hear you rapping your motor at stop lights,really says "wanna be" to most other HD riders)

·
Just Ride
3,751 Posts
(BTW,no one really wants to hear you rapping your motor at stop lights,really says "wanna be" to most other HD riders)
We that ride already know what a Harley sounds like.

·
Just Ride
3,751 Posts
Cause that's what wannabes do.

·
On Probation
2,205 Posts
Annoying and embarrassing as f*ck listening to dbags rev their motor while sitting at a light.
Just my opinion of course.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts