Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all just traded in my 03 1200 C for 07 FLHX and love it, I have never messed with a twin cam and was looking to see what pipes people reccomend and why, can't decide between the RH true duals or the vance and hine true duals. I had samson shorties on my sport and loved them but they were a bit loud, would like somethin a little quiter so I can enjoy the $18,000.00 stereo I bought.:D

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have had Harleys for over 30 years. Had every kind of exhaust system made it seems like. For overall sound and performance, look at Hooker true duals. I use them because I pump up the horsepower on all my bikes and found they produce the most horsepower by far but not the noise.

·
2007 Ultra Classic
1,285 Posts
Hey all just traded in my 03 1200 C for 07 FLHX and love it, I have never messed with a twin cam and was looking to see what pipes people reccomend and why, can't decide between the RH true duals or the vance and hine true duals. I had samson shorties on my sport and loved them but they were a bit loud, would like somethin a little quiter so I can enjoy the $18,000.00 stereo I bought.:D
If that's your choices, go with the Rhineharts. You'll be happier in the long run.

With that said, I ran V & H on my Street Glide and I was tickled pink with them. I have heard that they have had some QA problems in the recent past.

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
streamline, IMO the majority are very good. In a way it will come down to those three keys measures (two of which are subjective)... looks, sound, and performance.

I've gone slip-on, full 2-2, full 2-1, and even stock. No real issues with any of the systems. Currently running Supertrapp slip-ons on the RK and couldn't be happier. H-D header pipes are very efficient/optimized nowadays (As reported recently in American Iron and American Rider), delivering good mid-range where most spend their time. Some full pipe systems do deliver a few higher nums but they often come at the higher end of the RPM spectrum (where most don't spend their time) at the expense of mid-range.

Net is, you will find many fine reco's and many fine systems out there. Some suggest just hanging around a dealer some Saturday morning and getting a good look at the bikes coming and going, listening and observing, maybe asking. Seems to be a pretty good suggestion.

·
2007 Ultra Classic
1,285 Posts
streamline, IMO the majority are very good. In a way it will come down to those three keys measures (two of which are subjective)... looks, sound, and performance.

I've gone slip-on, full 2-2, full 2-1, and even stock. No real issues with any of the systems. Currently running Supertrapp slip-ons on the RK and couldn't be happier. H-D header pipes are very efficient/optimized nowadays (As reported recently in American Iron and American Rider), delivering good mid-range where most spend their time. Some full pipe systems do deliver a few higher nums but they often come at the higher end of the RPM spectrum (where most don't spend their time) at the expense of mid-range.

Net is, you will find many fine reco's and many fine systems out there. Some suggest just hanging around a dealer some Saturday morning and getting a good look at the bikes coming and going, listening and observing, maybe asking. Seems to be a pretty good suggestion.

See, there are bright solutions to the darkest problems. And so simple as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts