Harley Davidson Forums banner

121 - 133 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
the build was as follows
Andrews 67 gear drive with woods +4 advance key
baisley roller rocker 1.7 intake 1.62 exhaust
has rev perf 10.5:1 3.938 cylinder kit with screamin eagle 4.375 crank trued and welded
i ported the heads myself using a 1.94 intake and 1.62 exhaust
HPI 55mm manifold with a 1.73 runner
five-o black ops 5.3 injectors
bassani mega exhaust but i removed the louvered baffle and used a 2.5" perforated baffle
johnson hylift lifters
screamin eagle -.030 pushrods
.030 head gasket
i forget the name of the intake but its a big sucker style that has a 2.5" tube

as for the dip, i think its just the nature of the pipe as i had it tuned from 2 separate places and even the tuners stated some of the bassanis do create a dip
i could probably swap the pipe and change the cam timing around to remove the dip but i feel doing this would lose some bottom end to gain some top
at the end of the day, it is just a bagger.

·
Registered
5 Posts
2001 flhpi, magneti marelli tc 88.

Thundermax
Se 211 cam/se plate conversion
Big sucker 2 ac
D&d fatcat exhaust with o2s
Se adjustable push rods
.650 valve springs
.30 head gasket
S&s lifters
Minor head work, cleaned up valve bowls
Zippers chain drive conversion

I can feel a difference over stock but i thought i would get more performance. Some of the parts listed were added for future upgrades as well, i plan on 98 big bore but im still not sure what to do after that as far as throttle body, im limited on funds. Attached is dyno pull when i had the work done,
And recommendations are welcome. thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Almost 500 miles on 2005 wide glide twin cam 88 with S&S 100 big bore S&S crank to fix run OUT on stock crank that had 55'000 miles 585 gear drive cams larger valves included in stock heads being worked upgrade oil pump and timpken bearing TTS master tune used to flash. Vance & hines big shots flow bench and then put on dyno 113hp 117torq 20170525_054314.jpg 20170524_194750.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
38,489 Posts
Very nice. You had to get the cases bored, right?
Might as well if he had the cases split to install the S&S crank.

My cases lasted 300 miles before they got split to be an unofficial beta tester for the 4.375" crank that would become stock just 2 years later. :(

·
Registered
4 Posts
No case work on 2005 dyna went max 100 need case work to go bigger a little less heat with 100 compared to 107 less heat less wear also have oil cooler

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
184 Posts

Andrews 37G cams
Andrews gear drive DS-199538 4 gear
S&S adjustable push rods 0928-0017
Cam plate designed by Dan Thayre
oil pump designed by Dan Thayre
S&S True Power Duals Head Pipes
S&S SPO stainless Mufflers
Dyno tune by Dan Thayre
SE stage 1 air cleaner 29773-02c
Engine 88ci, stock CR, stock heads
87 horse w just a 37 cam??? How

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
762 Posts
This is an 05 wide glide i did
Stock bore 88 10.5:1
Stock tb bored to 48
Stock valve size with my head porting and oem valve job
Andrews tw55 cam
Bassani road rage with 2.5" perforated baffle
Motor pulls to redline still making power, 100hp is attainable on 1.8 valve size, hoping to add valve springs and pushrods this winter to up limiter and see where she stops making power

When built i was shooting for 90+ and got it quite easily

Attachments

Reactions: Mike Ware

·
Registered
184 Posts
This is an 05 wide glide i did
Stock bore 88 10.5:1
Stock tb bored to 48
Stock valve size with my head porting and oem valve job
Andrews tw55 cam
Bassani road rage with 2.5" perforated baffle
Motor pulls to redline still making power, 100hp is attainable on 1.8 valve size, hoping to add valve springs and pushrods this winter to up limiter and see where she stops making power

When built i was shooting for 90+ and got it quite easily
Damn.....that's one hell of a build w small cubes.....nice

Sent from my Venue 8 3830 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
2011 Road King with SE Tire Shredder kit

Like the title says, it's my friend's 2010 96 inch Road King. I helped him assemble this in his shop. The 1st dyno is not stock. It arrived with mods by the previous owner sporting gutted stock mufflers and a Screamin' Eagle oval air cleaner.

The Screamin' Eagle 110 cubic inch Tire Shredder kit was installed. The intake chosen was a SE Heavy Breather and the exhaust is Vance and Hines Power Duals with 4 inch Eliminator mufflers.

The fuel and ignition adjustments are with a Power Commander V. It was tuned at the former Vicious Cycle Tuning in New Hampshire.

- As it was delivered with the gutted mufflers and air cleaner it made about 74 hp and 86 ft - lbs of torque. (Red Curve)
- Post build and tune it produced nearly 118 hp and 131 ft-lbs of torque. (Blue Curve)

The owner is a former road racer, and he rides everything like a GSX-R. While very few bikes out there will provide him with the crazy power levels of the superbikes he used to ride, he says this bike is a rocket and is a super fun touring machine.

Attachments

·
Registered
762 Posts
2011 Road King with SE Tire Shredder kit

Like the title says, it's my friend's 2010 96 inch Road King. I helped him assemble this in his shop. The 1st dyno is not stock. It arrived with mods by the previous owner sporting gutted stock mufflers and a Screamin' Eagle oval air cleaner.

The Screamin' Eagle 110 cubic inch Tire Shredder kit was installed. The intake chosen was a SE Heavy Breather and the exhaust is Vance and Hines Power Duals with 4 inch Eliminator mufflers.

The fuel and ignition adjustments are with a Power Commander V. It was tuned at the former Vicious Cycle Tuning in New Hampshire.

• As it was delivered with the gutted mufflers and air cleaner it made about 74 hp and 86 ft - lbs of torque. (Red Curve)
  • Post build and tune it produced nearly 118 hp and 131 ft-lbs of torque. (Blue Curve)
The owner is a former road racer, and he rides everything like a GSX-R. While very few bikes out there will provide him with the crazy power levels of the superbikes he used to ride, he says this bike is a rocket and is a super fun touring machine.
what cam is being used?

121 - 133 of 133 Posts