Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://vimeo.com/119933540

I went to college in Boston for 4 years but I don't miss that kind of winter weather.
Here's some sunshine from Oahu, Hawaii

Afternoon ride on President's Day: starting up at the Aiea Loop Trail State Park and then proceeding down Aiea Heights Drive towards Pearl Harbor.

The video playback speed is set to 2x normal (so it is playing back twice as fast as real life)

Near the end of the video, you can see the USS Arizona Memorial and Aloha Stadium where the NFL Pro Bowl is played.

"Don't Throw Our Love Away" by Club Rox Rock featuring The Black Hawaiian and Anita Hall
Recorded and Produced by Lester Gantan
Courtesy of Flyin' Hawaiian Entertainment
www.facebook.com/FlyinHawaiianEntertainment

Enjoy!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Still breaking in the new scoot and using the hills to help create negative pressure.

Several speed bumps at this state park but lots of nice turns to practice on, especially when I get back onto the neighborhood streets and head back down towards Pearl Harbor

·
Registered
476 Posts
Great video. We will be there in June. Spending a day at Pearl and then renting two bikes for a day or two and taking a ride around the island. Best place to rent Harleys?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great video. We will be there in June. Spending a day at Pearl and then renting two bikes for a day or two and taking a ride around the island. Best place to rent Harleys?
This is the H-D dealership near the HNL International Airport
Harley-Davidson®, Kawasaki, and Vespa Cycle City Hawaii Honolulu, HI 808-831-2600

They have a dedicated rental webpage that directs back to the main Cycle City site:
Rent a Harley Davidson Motorcycle in Waikiki and Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii

Lemme know when you are in town and I'll go riding with you

·
Registered
326 Posts
Don't lie...you miss those Boston winters, the snow, ice, slush, salt...oh plus bone chilling cold...other than that, no problem...LOL.
Very nice vid. Thanks for the reminder that this stuff will melt...

·
Registered
476 Posts
This is the H-D dealership near the HNL International Airport
Harley-Davidson®, Kawasaki, and Vespa Cycle City Hawaii Honolulu, HI 808-831-2600

They have a dedicated rental webpage that directs back to the main Cycle City site:
Rent a Harley Davidson Motorcycle in Waikiki and Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii

Lemme know when you are in town and I'll go riding with you
Great, thanks! We are going with a tour group but we have at least one full day to ourselves on each island.

·
Registered
219 Posts
This might surprise you, but this isn't cheering me up. Suppose to be -12 here in Syracuse tonight. I'm ready for this Global Warming I keep hearing about!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Don't lie...you miss those Boston winters, the snow, ice, slush, salt...oh plus bone chilling cold...other than that, no problem...LOL.
Very nice vid. Thanks for the reminder that this stuff will melt...
Blood thins quickly and I'm back to being an island boy where we break out jackets and blankets in the 60's

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This might surprise you, but this isn't cheering me up. Suppose to be -12 here in Syracuse tonight. I'm ready for this Global Warming I keep hearing about!
I've been up in your neck of the woods - rehearsing with a band before going on the road to Spain.

btw: I did the halftime music for the Jeep Aloha Bowl back 1990 and Jim Boeheim came to the recording studio where he gave me his business card. They went on to a 28-0 victory Syracuse University Athletics - 1990 Aloha Bowl

·
Registered
476 Posts
Syracuse is playing Duke in a few minutes. Boeheim is still going strong although we have a pretty young team with a couple of key players out with injuries this year.

·
Try'n to behave
5,966 Posts
Thanks for posting the vid. :thumbsup

Brought back a lot of memories. I've spent a lot of time up in that park when I was stationed there.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Syracuse is playing Duke in a few minutes. Boeheim is still going strong although we have a pretty young team with a couple of key players out with injuries this year.
Wow! That's so awesome that he's still active :thumbsup

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for posting the vid. :thumbsup

Brought back a lot of memories. I've spent a lot of time up in that park when I was stationed there.
Yeah, it's a great place to hang out and a nice hike.

Plus its right up the street from my house :thumbsup

1 - 19 of 19 Posts