Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like I've stated in a few other posts, I am a new HD owner having recently purchased an 01 Ultra. This bike is way too loud am I am working to correct this problem. It is equipped with true V&H duals and turn-down slip-ons. I plan to remove the slip-ons and replace the V&H slip-ons with stock mufflers. The bike also has a Power Commander PCIII USB installed. If my understanding is right how these Power Commanders work, they simply fool the ECU into changing amount of fuel the engine gets. So, if going to stock mufflers to quiet this thing down, surely the air/fuel mixture will be too rich going from very unrestrictive mufflers to stock. So, can I simply remove the PCIII device and be done with it? Does the PCIII just unplug? Will the factory air/fuel settings be reestablished by removing the PCIII? I don't know if I am explaining this correctly but I am sure someone will figure out what I am trying to do here. Need someone's guidance.

Thanks

MasterGuns

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Yes you can simply unplug the PCIII if you wish or find a fuel map for your stock setup.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts