Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am experiencing power loss on my 07 xl883c I have a leak in my primary I filled the primary with fluid I just had new clutches put in new spark plugs ect. any common issues associated to this model causing my loss in power?

·
Retired citizen
22,294 Posts
Ya gotta be more specific buddy. Like what power are ya losing, engine, drivetrain, electrical ?

·
Just Ride
3,036 Posts
It's a 883. Doesn't have power anyhow. Give it to your girlfriend and buy a man's bike.😵

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
If you mean that the bike suddenly does not keep up with your applying power. I bet your clutch is slipping. You said you put in new clutches, they need adjusting. Primary leaking, likely a gasket from when you had it apart to change clutches.

·
Wayward Son
23,076 Posts
Drinking Fritz?

·
Just Ride
3,036 Posts

·
Registered
11,059 Posts
MMMMMM lets see only one girlie bike comment. Another one should be around in about 3-2-1....

·
Wayward Son
23,076 Posts
MMMMMM lets see only one girlie bike comment. Another one should be around in about 3-2-1....
We lose more members that way......

Though the screen name dose sort of ask for it.
:dunno
Guess we will see if he really is.

·
Registered
11,059 Posts
We lose more members that way......

Though the screen name dose sort of ask for it.
:dunno
Guess we will see if he really is.
Another thread off the rails :eek-surprise

·
SwampRat
836 Posts
Clutch Slipping sounds like a possibility from what little have read so far if was Fuel or Ignition would think you would have some stumbles or a slight miss when try adding power .. As far as Girl's Bike , it was my Ride of choice for a lot of years and still have a Sportster Front End on my Dyna .. :)

·
V-Twin Junkie
101 Posts
HaHaHa, we likes our 'girlie bikes'.........:grin
Colt.45
The cult of bigger=better has so thoroughly mucked up too many folks' understanding of the importance of the Sportster. My girlfriend rides a Softail Classic. It's a nice bike, but it's 200 pounds heavier, has zero cornering clearance, and isn't much quicker in a straight line. When we went to the dealership to buy the Sporty, a young, hipsterish sales guy made the mistake of saying, "You want a Sportster even though your girlfriend rides a big twin?" That almost cost him a sale.

·
Wayward Son
23,076 Posts

·
Registered
11,059 Posts
When we went to the dealership to buy the Sporty, a young, hipsterish sales guy made the mistake of saying, "You want a Sportster even though your girlfriend rides a big twin?" That almost cost him a sale.
Hipsters in the show room, tsk tsk. Bet he rides a 500 Street

·
Proud Infidel
2,613 Posts
The cult of bigger=better has so thoroughly mucked up too many folks' understanding of the importance of the Sportster.
I'm not that popular a guy, but EVERYONE i personally know who owned a Sportster eventually went to a big twin and ended up wishing that's where they started.

I think that's a grand total of 6 people. Hardly scientific.

Sent from here to there.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
I'm not that popular a guy, but EVERYONE i personally know who owned a Sportster eventually went to a big twin and ended up wishing that's where they started.

Sent from here to there.
Alan S.
Well,you don't 'know' me but I'm the guy that started with a 96" Rocker and then went to a 103" King and then this year traded up for a 74" Sportster. Best move I ever made,I like it so much better than the 'big twins'.
Colt.45

·
Registered
139 Posts
My first V-twin is my big Honda in my sig. I love it dearly and the power is immense, but I got a Sportster because I wanted a Sportster. Now I have two of them. I like the nimbleness of them and the way the frame is set up. It's nice having more than one bike so I don't have to make one bike do all I need to do. If you want some real fun hop on my 17bhp Rebel haha.

·
V-Twin Junkie
101 Posts

Sent from here to there.
I hear you. I'm just not part of that crowd. Bikes in the 60's were considered big if they were 500 CC. In the 70's, 750's were big. The 80's became the decade of the liter-bikes. It never stopped. IMO, the Sportster is the perfect Harley-reasonably light, pretty agile, as customizable as one's imagination can desire, great on gas, and generally more reliable than any post-EVO big twin.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts