Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So....I've got an 03 FLSTCS with the TC88, CVO Preformance jet kit, K&N AC, and what appear to be Kurakyn fishtail slip on's with the stock head pipes. 90% of my riding on this bike is two up, and I plan on towing a small trailer to Sturgis next year.
ok...getting ready to buy some parts.

Have a brand new set of cylinders I plan on having bored next year, and will get some redone heads as well. For this year, my plans are to put in new cams, and replace the spring style shoes with the hydraulic ones. also comes adjustable pushrods, and lifters as well. I plan on buying the MoCo hydraulic cam plate upgrade which includes shoes, plate, and new oil pump. Was going with an Andrews 26. Question is: does the cam have to be pressed into the plate? or just the bearings? I can remove the inner bearings and replace with the Torringtons and I'm pretty sure I can do all the rest of the work myself, but I'll have someone press the cam/bearings for me

·
Banned
71 Posts
So....I've got an 03 FLSTCS with the TC88, CVO Preformance jet kit, K&N AC, and what appear to be Kurakyn fishtail slip on's with the stock head pipes. 90% of my riding on this bike is two up, and I plan on towing a small trailer to Sturgis next year.
ok...getting ready to buy some parts.

Have a brand new set of cylinders I plan on having bored next year, and will get some redone heads as well. For this year, my plans are to put in new cams, and replace the spring style shoes with the hydraulic ones. also comes adjustable pushrods, and lifters as well. I plan on buying the MoCo hydraulic cam plate upgrade which includes shoes, plate, and new oil pump. Was going with an Andrews 26. Question is: does the cam have to be pressed into the plate? or just the bearings? I can remove the inner bearings and replace with the Torringtons and I'm pretty sure I can do all the rest of the work myself, but I'll have someone press the cam/bearings for me
Have the bearings and cams done at the same time . :thumbsup

·
Registered
73 Posts
Just did this myself. Went with SE cam plate, andrews 26a cams, S&S quickie push rods and new bearings in cam plate and torringtons in the cam chest. Also did big bore kit. I pressed new needle and ball bearings in cam plate with a friends shop press. Had the tool to remove inner bearings and press new in. Also pressed cams in as well into new cam plate. Andrews cams came with thrust washer and inner race pressed onto the primary cam and even had o-ring already installed on it. Not hard to do if you take your time.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so the 26 will go into an 88, and I can keep it in there when I upgrade next year?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Yes. That's what I've been told. Was going to do the same thing. Cams then go big bore later. Decided to bite the bullet and do it all at one time.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SWEET!! thanks Willie! ordering all my parts Monday!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts