Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Dr. Pending Projects
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need your help. For those that have purchased a 48 recently. What deal did you get?

Looking at a new bike, not used. Local dealer has two in Ember Red Sunglo....one is calling my name :)

Looks like instead of August I might be able to buy the bike this weekend :tour. So I want to make sure that I get a decent deal but need some points of reference.

Thank you!

·
Registered
3,421 Posts
Well not sure about FL. but here in Al. you're gonna pay sticker. Might get some mall goodies thrown in, but that's about all. If that.

·
Dr. Pending Projects
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well not sure about FL. but here in Al. you're gonna pay sticker. Might get some mall goodies thrown in, but that's about all. If that.
I hope that is not the case here. In the past, because I have to competing dealers close by, I have been able to get discounts.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Here is PA you pay sticker. Well, unless it's a year old and yellow. Then they can't give them away.

I have two dealers less than a half hour from my house, and they have no problem letting you walk away.

·
Dr. Pending Projects
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Here is PA you pay sticker. Well, unless it's a year old and yellow. Then they can't give them away.

I have two dealers less than a half hour from my house, and they have no problem letting you walk away.
I have two as well. I have been able to get a deal every time. I have purchased 3 from Seminole HD and 1 from Orlando East HD...

Thank you all! I left my list at the two dealers that are close to me... Orlando East HD and Seminole HD.

This is is my list. Let's see what is the best deal they can give me. My plan is to ride the bike home this afternoon. I left the same list with both dealers.

Motorcycle: 2013 HD Forty-Eight – Ember Red Sunglo

Accessories – No install needed. I will do all the install of these parts:

Line QTY Description
1- 1 D&D Bobcat Exhaust Black Pipes w/Carbon Fiber Sleeve
2- 1 Roland Sands Design Velocity Stack – Black
3- 1 HD XR 1200 Left Front Brake Caliper (improve braking and looks) Part No. 42943-08
4- 1 Seat Option 1: HD Solo Spring Saddle – Brown Leather Part No. 54072-10
5- 1 HD Spring Seat Installation Kit for Seat Option 1 – Part No. 54074
6- 1 HD Sportster Front Spoiler – Black
7- 1 HD SE 10mm Phat Spark Plug Wires – Orange
8- 1 HD Flush-Mount Fuel Cap – Black
9- 1 HD Oil Dipstick with Temp Gauge
10- 2 HD Rocker Box Cover - Wrinkled Black
11- 1 HD Sportster Drag Bars Part No. 55800035
12- 1 HD Chopped Fender Edge Light Part No. 73420-11
13- 1 HD Swingarm Pivot Bolt Cover Kit – Black Part No. 47625-09
14- 1 HD Shock Bolt Cover Kit – Black Part No. 540000017
15- 1 HD Bar & Shield Rear Axle Cover Kit – Black Part No. 43013-09A
16- 1 HD Skull & Chain Air Cleaner Trim Part No. 61400165
17- 1 HD Skull & Chain Timer Cover Part No. 25600025
18- 1 HD Skull & Chain Derby Cover Part No. 25700255
19- 1 HD Front Axle Nut Cover – Black Part No. 43428-09
20- 1 HD Bullet Turn Signal Lens Kit – Smoked Part No. 69208-09
21- 1 HD Service Manual

·
Dr. Pending Projects
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It started with the following (all otd):

Seminole HD - 12,800.00
Seminole HD - 12,600.00

East Orlando HD - 12,500.00 (this is where I accepted the offer from East Orlando)... then it went crazy from there. Last offer from Seminole was 11,500.00. I shared this with the manager at EOHD and since it was raining, I was tired...(enter all excuses here)... I said give me a leather jacket and we are done... so...

Price out the door with the list of parts above and one leather jacket (JKT-Roadway Leather Part No. 98015-10VM):

$12,500.00 Financed @ 2.99% for 60 months and an additional year of warranty (for 3 years total).

This was with East Orlando Harley... So, potentially, I could have saved another 500.00 if I had gone to Seminole HD. Anyway, I thought it was a fair deal.

·
Dr. Pending Projects
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
With all your experience buying, & dealing, why ask the forum?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Because I did not have a point of reference for the 48.

The ride back home was fun...even under all the rain pouring. I see the RGC seeimg even less use now... This bike is soooo much fun.

·
Registered
24 Posts
They had 10% of all new in stock bikes at my dealer yesterday. They were offering 2.5k off a V-Rod that stickered at 16900.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts