Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to those that replied on my last question....now, how about if anyone has any experience with the new spring loaded primary chain adjusters....vibration relief, smother shifting, quieter, massive destruction from failure???? I've heard good and bad from both sides. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
77 Posts
rfds69,

I have the HB-125. I installed it about a month after I got my bike, after reading good reviews about it. I've heard good things about the Hayden M6 also. The HB-125 is hydraulic, and the Hayden is spring loaded.

I've read where the Harley version isn't as good as either of the above 2, that it can ratchet down (I guess up actually) and not release. Don't know for sure though, just what I've read.

When I first got my bike (03 Road Glide bought by me 9/05, 5K miles), I felt a little "surging" in first or second gear at steady speeds, so I said what the heck, and put the HB-125 in. It's hard to know now if there is a big difference or not.

I feel like it helped a little with the slight surging at low speeds. I think that it probably is not necessary if you keep the primary chain adjusted regularly, but not being a mechanic, I feel good having it in there. I have the service manual, and do my own wrenching (again, not a mechanic, just willing to get in there and do it and learn). The info from the manual on adjusting the chain seemed a little vague to me. Having it in there is now one less thing for me to worry about. I run synthetic gear oil in the trans, and with the HB-125, I have smooth shifts, and no problem finding nuetral.

HTH.

Ride on, ride well.

Doug

"I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference."

1 - 2 of 2 Posts