Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone new to this forum
Planning on changing out my primary chain on my '98 Electra Glide Classic
Was told by a good mechanic that if I get the Screamin Eagle Race chain and new 25 tooth gear it will make a great difference. But I still want the long haul option. I don't want to do it if it is going to be rapped up on the highway.
Any help would be appreciated.

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Twister... Sorry for the lack of response as the place grows here. This is a mod I don't hear many making, but not that it isn't valid. I tend to be on the side of trusting those who are "good mechanics" and have had nothing but good success with Screaming Eagle products. If the mechanic is saying it will deliver exactly what you are looking for, for the kind of riding you have before you and the performance you want, I'd go for it.

Here's another resource... the Harley TechTalk MSN forum, populated with many wise and technical riders of H-D's...

http://groups.msn.com/HarleyTechTalk/general.msnw

·
Registered
78 Posts
If what you are saying is, that you are replacing the engine sprocket with one that has 1 fewer teeth,(smaller) you will get more "off the line" power, but will will need to run higher revs at highways speeds. this is not good for you if you want to do lots of highway riding, long distance. your gas mileage will suffer, and your engine will wear faster. If blazing around town is your fancy, then this is the hot set-up. If your speedometer runs off your Trans, make sure this change wont throw the accuracy off.

·
8,584 Posts
Hi Everyone new to this forum
Planning on changing out my primary chain on my '98 Electra Glide Classic
Was told by a good mechanic that if I get the Screamin Eagle Race chain and new 25 tooth gear it will make a great difference. But I still want the long haul option. I don't want to do it if it is going to be rapped up on the highway.
Any help would be appreciated.
Twister...like Troublehead said...you answered your own question!! It will rap up on the highway with a lower primary gear!

Reactions: OHEhsc

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
Twister...like Troublehead said...you answered your own question!! It will rap up on the highway with a lower primary gear!
Uh Jimmers this thread is 10 years old. You feeling ok?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
8,584 Posts
Uh Jimmers this thread is 10 years old. You feeling ok?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Dah...too many 3 finger Grouse's...I guess!! Just saw it in the postings!! Somebody may need the info!! :laugh :drunk

Reactions: OHEhsc
1 - 8 of 8 Posts