Harley Davidson Forums banner

Primary oil

4K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  webco2 
#1 ·
Not wanting to start an oil thread here just want to know of those of you running Shell Rotela 15 W 40 in the primary what are the results and how many miles do you do before changing it. Going with it or Mobile 1 syn. Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
Have you used the search function? This has been discussed ALMOST as much as what's the best oil......seriously........

#5 ·
Every other oil change.

#6 ·
How many miles is that??

#7 ·
Primary

Thank you for the info, guess I should have stated my question better but found what I was looking for, wanted to be able to run the rotella 10,000 miles between changes. Just thought it might be better than syn in the clutch. Not new to bikes but new to Harley so things are a little different.

#8 ·
Hey Dave, what is the best oil?:hitfan

I`ve been running whatever 20w50 is on sale for 26 years, should I switch to a 10 dollar per quart synthetic?:rollin

OP: Rotella will be fine in the primary.

#9 ·
Primary oil......6-8k. Its a low demand oil. Hd says 10k I think......

Baby oil......8k. Coconut oil....6k. Peanut oil......well....someone has to squeeze Peanut and we'll go from there. Any takers......???

Happy Ending for Peanut......step right up.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.