Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody,
I have a 2005 Dyna WideGlide and absolutely LOVE it!!
It could easily be mistaken for a blast from the past, straight outta 1972!!
Here's the problem; in looking for parts and accessories, I've noticed that most of the good stuff runs thru '04 then jumps to '06!
I know in '06, HD changed from the 88/5spd set up to the 96/6spd, but why do seats, rims, bars, etc, jump a year???
I've looked in J&P, and also the dealer catalog...same result!
Anybody know why the '05 Dyna is such a "Problem Child"?

·
Registered
250 Posts
06 still 88ci, I belive 96 came on 07, however frame changed w/ 6 speed tranny, 49 mm fork legs, 04 stuff should fit 05's

·
Just Ride
3,197 Posts
Dynas are Harleys test bed it seems. If it works out it's on the next year big twin. Got a 04 and never had a problem getting anything I need.
04 & 05 are the same.
Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Addicted Since 2010
7,845 Posts
Yea I'm confused. The 05 has old frame 88 small forks and 5 speed

The 06 has the new frame 88 6speed and fat forks

Then the 07 adds the 96 plus all the 06 had.

I'm not seeing why you would be having problems finding parts... Hmmm

·
Registered
294 Posts
You can check out the HD web site and go on Parts, click on Model, year of bike and whole host of items show up for you bike ranging from seats, lights, exhaust/mufflers, controls, wheels, and on and on. I do realize what you are pointing out though for does seem from
'06 on there are more selections. Would also suggest getting one of Parts catalogs from your dealer for everything is not on the web site. Good luck.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the input everybody!
I'll do some more research.
Ride safe !!!

·
Registered
96 Posts
From what I can tell the 06 is the bastard child. It appears that in changing the frame and tranny hd failed to account for a lot of things that were on the earlier models and did include them on the 07 and later. For instance, I wanted the screaming eagle slip ons. They are offered on the 05 earlier and the 07 and later. hd said there was some type of connection that was on the 05 and earlier and left off the 06 and added back in 07. This is just one example, there are many others. I can't remember all the situations but, I do remember when I tried to add to add things to my 06 after I bought it I was surprised at how many things I couldn't do to it because it was an 06.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts