Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've gone through the book line by line and cannot get my phone/bike to automatically send a response text message while riding. I receive phone calls while riding, can access my phone contact book, can look at my received texts (sorta) in the inbox, etc. From all I can tell, everything is linked and working otherwise. I have enabled auto-reply text messages and edited my response message. Just doesn't work. Any ideas?

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
It is synced via bluetooth, correct?? The USB is just a charge cord from what I have heard??

Try this....

On your iPhone go to Settings, Bluetooth, then click on whatever the harley is synced as, click the (i) icon at the edge of the screen, on that line, and another menu appears, and turn Show Notifications on.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Not that i Know much....the cord actually lets you access more info than bluetooth does by showing albumart, etc. I cannot get the auto reply to work for texts either. I was told it was an iPhone issue?!?
I am subscribing to see if we get an answer!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
650 Posts
Auto reply for text will never work unless Apple changes it ways and lets it.

·
Call me Gig.
3,964 Posts
Harley Hound is correct. The iPhone isn't allowing what amounts to an outside application to sent text messages.

And the USB is MUCH more than just a power cord.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Auto text works on my 14 Ultra using an android phone no problem. Does anyone know if you can use pandora app from your phone to the bike?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It is linked via Bluetooth, not the cable. I'm streaming pandora from the phone to the radio using Bluetooth. Using an iPhone though.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Auto text works on my 14 Ultra using an android phone no problem. Does anyone know if you can use pandora app from your phone to the bike?
Yes you can

·
Call me Gig.
3,964 Posts
Correct it does work with an Android and probably a Windows phone. It is specifically iPhones it doesn't work with.

And yes just play Pandora or pretty much any other sound producing app while connected via Bluetooth and select Media.

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
Must be a Harley issue. My iPhone works with my Ford Sync just fine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts