Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Conc: Problems with calibration of performance, combined with exhaust 2-1 Rinehart.

I purchased a new Dyna Wide Glide – model 2006 in August last year.
After some month’s, I installed Rinehart 2-1 exhaust, combined with K&N High flow air filter.
Already here, we found some problems:
The original back plate for the Air filter, has a sensor that regulates a flap, which are placed in the intake of the air filter.
The workshop decided then to keep the original back plate, not to make any interference in the software. THIS IS NOT A CORRECT SOLUTION!
After this, I asked the Harley dealer to calibrate the system, according to the newly mounted parts.
The Harley dealer then downloaded race 1 software, and installed it on my bike.
Then a new problem occured: The software they downloaded is designed for an American model with Oxygen Sensors, and not for mine which is an HDI model, and don’t have the Oxygen sensors.
So now they delivered back my bike to me, with the engine lamp always on, because the software requires Oxygen sensors. They are not available, so the engine lamp will always be on.
Now the rear cylinder gets very hot. Even the cover plate for the exhaust starts to be yellow colour.
The end part of my Rinehart exhaust, which has the Rinehart racing symbol written on it, is normally black. This part is now purple colour on mine because of the intense heat.
Hope that anybody can help me to solve this problem, so that I can ride my bike without problems.

HOG regards
Flemming Stroemsholt

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Still need an advice

Get a Power Comander III, they have the correct down load for your pipe.

Power Commander III
Hello Ratbasturd,
Yes correct, I can of course install a powercommander, but it is not the correct solution. Everybody here i Egypt, have suggested the same.
It will not solve my problem with the engine lamp always on.
First of all, I need the Harley dealer to make a proper and correct solution between the High flow airfilter and the 2-1 exhaust. Maybe another back plate for the air filter, and then make a shortcircut of the sensor that regulates the flap in the intake.
This problem is only on the Dyna Wide Glide - 2006. They don't have this sensor on the 2005 model
The software also needs to be adjusted, not to search after oxygen sensors.

When all this has been corrected, I can start to think about powercommander. Furthermore, the dealer will not accept a powercommander solution, because of the quarantie.

Best regards
Flemse

·
Registered
187 Posts
Hello Ratbasturd,
Yes correct, I can of course install a powercommander, but it is not the correct solution. Everybody here i Egypt, have suggested the same.
It will not solve my problem with the engine lamp always on.
First of all, I need the Harley dealer to make a proper and correct solution between the High flow airfilter and the 2-1 exhaust. Maybe another back plate for the air filter, and then make a shortcircut of the sensor that regulates the flap in the intake.
This problem is only on the Dyna Wide Glide - 2006. They don't have this sensor on the 2005 model
The software also needs to be adjusted, not to search after oxygen sensors.

When all this has been corrected, I can start to think about powercommander. Furthermore, the dealer will not accept a powercommander solution, because of the quarantie.

Best regards
Flemse
Let me see if I understand where we are,

#1 Your bike originaly had O2 sensors.....yes?

#2 The pipe you put on did not have O2 sensors.....yes?

#3 The wiring for the O2 sensors is still their looking for the O2 sensor...yes?

If all of the above are true the PCIII will fix it. It has a part that plugs into where the O2 sensor would go and sends a signal that the air/fuel mix is where it should be. I have 02 sensors on Caliber pipe and I am running the PCIII with the O2 sensor eliminators.

If I still got it wrong, good luck,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts