Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Nocturnal Ancestor
6,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This mourning I knew i was gonna be out in the cold or in a cold shed for most of the day working.

Knowing the cold day ahead I decide to grab this gift I received five-six years ago and never used.

A Stanley Classic Thermos, Big freakin deal right! :laughing

I follow direction that came with thermos and put in some hot chocolate, Usually after one large coffee I'm done with it, so I figure I can sip on hot chocolate all day even though I don't really get into hot chocolate.

The thermos is kinda wrapped up around a some old jacket and in the bed of a pick-up while I'm working, the temp started out around 20 degrees and was 27 around noon.

At noon I open the thermos and that hot coco was as hot as it was this morning, almost to hot to drink..LOL

I didn't get another drink of it until 3:45 P.M and the stuff was still very hot, same thing around 7:30.

Just poured out the last remaining bit of hot coco after taking a small drink..still hot..

I told this to a friend of mine who said a long time ago he had one with glass inside and he said they were better back then?

Not much.... but I really was impressed by this thermos.

·
Viet Nam 69/70
2,287 Posts
I use the Hydro-Flask products. Fits in my cup holder 18oz stays hot for hours even on a cold ride.

·
Registered
598 Posts
They claim that the Yete products are extremely good for keeping things hot or cold. Don't own any myself but my brother swears by em.

·
Poser Member # 99
17,038 Posts
Yup I Agreed those are great Thermos I still have the one I bought 30 years ago I also bought one of the ones with the wide mouth for soups or goulash and Such. If your coffee Thermos gets stained in side get some Wink coffee pot cleaner It will make it look like new inside it will remove that Nasty looking Brown crud.

·
Poser Member # 99
17,038 Posts
I love that they made a Bunn Home unit . I've had one for ever 12 cups of coffee in 5 mins Or less God I Love it and under a Hundred Bucks. Sure beats the Hell out of a Mr. Coffee

·
Registered
36,731 Posts
I have a couple of those double wall insulated items at work. The jumbo mug I use for ice water will still have ice in it the next day. :thumb

Also have a double wall koozie for when I have a can of coke etc.

·
Registered
10,314 Posts
Several folks have mentioned Yeti products. I hear they are good. But...., there was a recent "stink" about how anti-gun that company is. If I already had a Yeti product I guess I would continue using it WITH a NRA bumper sticker placed over the logo. But I ain't gonna buy no stinkin' Yeti product these days.

But you all have made me have one of those "I could have had a V-8" moments. Often times when I go for one of those "no particular destination in mind" rides I stop somewhere for a cup of over-priced coffee. I have a couple of old (30+ years or so old) Thermos bottles I haven't used since my deer hunting days. And most days after my wife and I have had our fill of morning coffee there will still be 1-3 cups left in the carafe--sometimes in the afternoon I might pour a cup of the leftover brew and microwave it back up to temp and it's still pretty good.

I'm gonna start re-heating some leftover brew and putting it in a Thermos bottle to toss in my tour pak on the next leisurely afternoon ride to nowhere in particular. Yeah, I'll be able to stop anywhere I want to stretch my legs, pee, have a smoke and a hot cup of coffee. :smile

·
old scoot coot
2,529 Posts
This mourning I knew i was gonna be out in the cold or in a cold shed for most of the day working.

Knowing the cold day ahead I decide to grab this gift I received five-six years ago and never used.

A Stanley Classic Thermos, Big freakin deal right! :laughing

I follow direction that came with thermos and put in some hot chocolate, Usually after one large coffee I'm done with it, so I figure I can sip on hot chocolate all day even though I don't really get into hot chocolate.

The thermos is kinda wrapped up around a some old jacket and in the bed of a pick-up while I'm working, the temp started out around 20 degrees and was 27 around noon.

At noon I open the thermos and that hot coco was as hot as it was this morning, almost to hot to drink..LOL

I didn't get another drink of it until 3:45 P.M and the stuff was still very hot, same thing around 7:30.

Just poured out the last remaining bit of hot coco after taking a small drink..still hot..

I told this to a friend of mine who said a long time ago he had one with glass inside and he said they were better back then?

Not much.... but I really was impressed by this thermos.
you put cold stuff in and it stays cold you put hot stuff in and it stays hot. how does it know?:eek-surprise

·
Mr.
61 Posts
Nothing beats an Aladdin, Thermos brand or Stanley stainless steel vacuum bottle MADE IN THE U.S.A. Nothing.

I've got the first one I ever bought when I was 19 years old my first week I went to work for General Motors in 1974. Carried that to work for 35 years. Carried it deer hunting, duck hunting, ice fishing, and about every other fishing trip. Used it to chalk the truck boat and trailer on many boat ramps many times in the early years. Dropped it from about half the trees I climbed deer hunting. Some times I just dropped it if I didn't have the extra hands to climb down with it.

I just carried that in the car today on our 160 mile trip for the day to Indy and back. Hot tea at 8am, nother cup at 11 and 3pm. I poured the last out of it when I set it on the kitchen counter this evening about 9pm. Into a cup and drank it. Didn't need any warming up either.

That Chinese junk the Stanley name is pimping at Walmart as their own don't even come close to comparing to real, AMERICAN, quality.

You can pay more but you can't buy better.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/123469696530

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
I recently purchased an Ozark Trail stainless steel tumbler for my cup holder. It is identical to a Yeti in every way except price, less than $7.00 at Walmart. See the comparisons to Yeti on Youtube.

·
Nocturnal Ancestor
6,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I know someone that has a large yeti cooler and he keeps it in the back of his truck, surprised someone hasn't stole it from him?
Lot of people give him a hard time for having it, all he has in it... ever is beer and everyone says a cheap cooler will keep beer cold no longer than the beer is gonna last before its all drank up? But I think he either won it or it was a gift? hard telling what a big yeti cooler like that would cost?

I was doing some plumbing in my basement and there is lights down there, but I still had a drop light that I was moving around to get light right on the spot I was messing with, friend came over seen what I was doing went back out to his truck and gave me these headlights, a little flashlight, the thing with a strap that goes on your head, yeah ya know..LOL great thing to have, I had one years ago and it ate batteries? but this thing was smaller and the light was ten times better. Got a get one..LOL

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
I would never but a yeti. However my company hands out yeti cups for safety incentives all the time. I have 2 of the big 30oz and 4 20oz. I also have a small yeti cooler I got from the company. They are good products, but like i said. I'd never buy one. Not with them being anti - 2nd.

·
Registered
4,826 Posts
My wife has a Yeti cup, I have an Ozark Trail. Lids interchange, only difference we can find is the embossed logo. We put both on the counter with X number of ice cubes in each. 24 hrs. later we measured water in each, it was identical. There's another that is supposed to be the same, Rtic? Artic? Once the chinee get one, everybody get one, same, same.

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
Maybe it’s a Texas thing..... but I bought a “Come and Take it!” Patch in the Yetti store on South Congress in Austin.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts