Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to post my experience with my Electra Glide. After reading as many forums and talking to other riders, I decided to purchase new suspension for my bike. I decided on the progressive 444 standard rear shocks, and the monotube for the front. It gives me the ride I was hoping for. No more front end dive at braking and a smooth ride in the rear. I believe that the HD 444 would have been too stiff. I weigh in at 260, and six foot tall. I ride solo most of the time, and this bike is for touring.

·
Keep on Ridin’
8,054 Posts
That's good feedback! Maybe when you do get a chance to take a 2-up ride you could let us know how the standard springs feel with a larger load. Do they bottom out on big bumps, do they still handle well, etc.? It seems that it's a constant conflict to get a plush solo ride that can still handle the 2-up load.

--

·
Registered
326 Posts
I put their upgrades on my rocker, front and rear and it made a huge positive impact on the ride and handling...my front progressive kit only costs 90 bucks and it eliminated almost two inches of sag that was not supposed to be there...
Wish I had done them sooner...
Ride safe.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Rodzilla6
Hey I sent you a private message ,if you would help me?
Thanks.......Colt.45

1 - 4 of 4 Posts