Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 07 SE Springer w/ the 110ci...Can anyone tell me @ what rpm can I shift to overdrive? I usually shift @ 55 mph (5th @ 2200rpm). I have a Vance and Hines 2 to 1 slash down, and sounds like I'm lugging the engine...??? Any advice?:guns

·
COB
1,984 Posts
First of all:

I would think you are safe to shift into an OD gear at any freeway speed. I wonder if this is addressed in the owners manual.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I think most would agree to keep your rpms at around 2500 or above when cruising. No load, level road, I think 2200 is ok..
I don't go into 6th until 70mph most of the time. jmho

·
2007 Ultra Classic
1,285 Posts
I can comfortable cruise at 60 mph in 6th in case of traffic slowdown but rarely shift into 6th below 70 mph.

My bike will cruise at about 2200 rpm. Anything less starts to bog it.

Oh---it's an '07 Ultra.

·
Registered
212 Posts
All right now ,Some thin g I got some info on,I ride an 07 RKC and it lugged like a dog in 6th below ,70 ,I installed the IDS system and wala,a new bike I run 6th down to 55 and no noise or lugging,I think it is the fix for the 07's with the changed compensator system.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Thanks, but...
IDS system? Compensator system? Can you help a lady out?
Here is the MOCO's info.I love it,it makes my bike that much more.
Isolated Drive System Sprocket Kit

Introduced on the '08 Touring models, the Isolated Drive System improves rider comfort and ride quality by dampening the mechanical noise and vibration caused by the engine's torque pulses. The rubber compensation elements in the sprocket act like a cushion, absorbing the power pulses from the engine. With the IDS installed, the motorcycle feels more refined, and is quieter while accelerating, shifting and cruising. Kit includes sprocket, compensator bowl, and installation hardware.

40287-07

IN-STORE PURCHASE ONLY Contact dealer for pricing and availability.

Fits '07 Touring (except Japanese) models equipped with Original Equipment and Harley-Davidson® accessory wheels. Will not fit with 80-Spoke Laced Wheel P/N 42954-04, Polished Spun Aluminum Disc Wheel P/N 43760-03 or Slotted Six Spoke Wheel P/N 43932-02 (chrome) or 43933-02 (black).

MSRP US $305.00

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/gma_product.jsp?PRODUCT<>prd_id=845524448771266&FOLDER<>folder_id=2534374302291043&ASSORTMENT<>ast_id=2534374302291043&bmUID=1194661666270&bmLocale=en_US

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Geeezzzzz!!! These motorcycle toys keep costing me $$$$. I'm going for the chrome front end and having it lowered this winter. Looks like the ISD is on the wish list for next year and that solo seat rail will have to wait. :)

·
Registered
212 Posts
Geeezzzzz!!! These motorcycle toys keep costing me $$$$. I'm going for the chrome front end and having it lowered this winter. Looks like the ISD is on the wish list for next year and that solo seat rail will have to wait. :)
I would do the IDS before any other stuff,the torque of the rear wheel overtightened my primary chain before I installed the IDs and the primary chain wined like a little bietch. It was fixed under warrentee,but none the less.

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
I would do the IDS before any other stuff,the torque of the rear wheel overtightened my primary chain before I installed the IDs and the primary chain wined like a little bietch. It was fixed under warrentee,but none the less.
Even though the lowering would help me feel more grounded on the bike?

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
If you cant ride the bike safely without lowering it then by all means,safety first,as it goes for the best mod for the buck it is the IDS.
Oh, I think I can???
I touch, just a little loosely. I was just looking for that absolutely firm, full flat footed contact to the road when stopped.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I shift into over drive when I hit 3000rpm 0r when I hit 65mph or over but anything under that I go back to 5th , so I installed the IDS system and now I have no problems she runs great try it.

·
2007 Ultra Classic
1,285 Posts
Here is the MOCO's info.I love it,it makes my bike that much more.
Isolated Drive System Sprocket Kit

Introduced on the '08 Touring models, the Isolated Drive System improves rider comfort and ride quality by dampening the mechanical noise and vibration caused by the engine's torque pulses. The rubber compensation elements in the sprocket act like a cushion, absorbing the power pulses from the engine. With the IDS installed, the motorcycle feels more refined, and is quieter while accelerating, shifting and cruising. Kit includes sprocket, compensator bowl, and installation hardware.

40287-07

IN-STORE PURCHASE ONLY Contact dealer for pricing and availability.

Fits '07 Touring (except Japanese) models equipped with Original Equipment and Harley-Davidson® accessory wheels. Will not fit with 80-Spoke Laced Wheel P/N 42954-04, Polished Spun Aluminum Disc Wheel P/N 43760-03 or Slotted Six Spoke Wheel P/N 43932-02 (chrome) or 43933-02 (black).

MSRP US $305.00

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/gma_product.jsp?PRODUCT<>prd_id=845524448771266&FOLDER<>folder_id=2534374302291043&ASSORTMENT<>ast_id=2534374302291043&bmUID=1194661666270&bmLocale=en_US
The fix for the problem tha Harley says doesn't exist.:rofl:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts