Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I work for a company that makes various hard parts for bike, quads, and side-by-sides. We're looking to bring in certain models so we can do some fitment testing and documentation. If you allow us to borrow your bike then we'll leave the various accessories on it when we give it back to you (if you want them). If you want more info about what our company does or about the process in general feel free to shoot me a message.
Here’s a list of all the vehicles we’re currently looking to bring in for product fitment testing; I know not all of these are HDs, but if you're like me one bike is never enough. Hit me up if you've got one of these and you're open to us bolting on some extra accessories.

Harley Davidson Touring model - 2002-2015
Honda TRX450R - 2004-2009
Suzuki Hayabusa - 1999-2007
Suzuki Boulevard C50 - 2005-2012
Harley Davidson Dyna (Street Bob, Low Rider, Wide Glide, Fat Bob, Switchback) - years vary
Suzuki DRZ400 (or KLX400) - 2000-2012
Yamaha Raptor 700 - 2006-2015
Harley Davidson Softail - 2000-2014
Polaris Ranger 700 or 500 - 2002-2008
Honda TRX 250EX or 400EX - 1999-2014
Suzuki GSX-R 750 or 600 - 2006-2009
Polaris Sporstman (any size) - 2002-2010
Yamaha Rhino (any size) - Years vary by model
Harley Davidson Sportster 1200 or 883 - 2000-2015
Yamaha FJR1300 - 2001-2016
Honda F4i - All years
Honda CBR 900 - All years
Honda Blackbird - All years
Polaris RZR 800 - 2007-2014
Kawasaki Concours - 2008-2015
Kawasaki Ninja 250 - 1988-2007
Honda XR80 - All years

·
Wayward Son
23,035 Posts
IMO. Tread carefully People.
Just say`in....

·
Banned
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm pretty close. What products are involve? I have a 2008 Softail and send a PM already.
Replied to your PM with a list of the products we have available for your bike.

IMO. Tread carefully People.
Just say`in....
It's tough being the new kid on the block, but I've been doing this type of thing for a while now. I used to do it for fuel control and traction control units, now I'm doing it for hard parts. I'm perfectly willing to answer all questions and concerns, though I have been asked not to talk directly about the company I work for in this thread so I need to respect those wishes.

·
Wayward Son
23,035 Posts
Replied to your PM with a list of the products we have available for your bike.

It's tough being the new kid on the block, but I've been doing this type of thing for a while now. I used to do it for fuel control and traction control units, now I'm doing it for hard parts. I'm perfectly willing to answer all questions and concerns, though I have been asked not to talk directly about the company I work for in this thread so I need to respect those wishes.
Very aware of that.
Just looking out for HDF Members.
Just sort of what we do.

·
Killer of Souls
10,858 Posts
While I see you are now only asking for loaners, one could logically make the assumption that you will ask the member for feedback and to spread the word. Evident by you can "keep" the part.
So when the person comes in here touting or speaking about the items, you are basically using this/them as a marketing/ sales avenue.

Why not just pull the mask off and become a sponsor. Being a mod you can surly understand the position you are placing us in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Rocker Chik
3,317 Posts
I thought I would post an update, so to speak. At this point I have to be honest and say I am not having a warm and fuzzy feeling about the arrangement.

I responded to the OP on 10/26 and expressed that I might be interested in letting them use my bike but would first need some questions answered. I received 3 PM's on 10/27 ending with an address to drop my bike off and would I be able to do that on the week of 10/31. The timing was fine and I asked to see a copy of their contract and provided my work email. As ya'll know I work in a law office.

I received a copy of their one page contract on 10/27. I responded with the following questions.

1. Who will be signing the form representing B______P____, Inc.? Are they authorized to represent BP and in what capacity?

2. Can you provide a copy of your liability insurance?

3. Is B______ P______, Inc. the legal name of your business? I can't find the corporation listed with the California Secretary of State nor can I find it listed as a Fictitious Business Name registered with L.A. County. Is there a Corporation Entity Number that you can provide?

4. Can you provide a list of what it is you will need to do with my bike? For example, test fit <fill in the blank> parts. I will add that to the form.

5. Can you be specific how long you will need the bike?

6. *Do you have secure indoor storage and guarantee my bike won't be left outdoors unattended?

7. I will need a copy of the motorcycle endorsement and insurance coverage for the person(s) who will ride my bike. I'd also like an estimate of how many miles they will likely ride it.

8. I will likely want to expand the terms and conditions of your form and provide my own version. Are you okay with that?

The contact person responded that he would forward my questions to his boss. It's been nearly two weeks since that contact and I've heard nothing. Since I can't verify the legal entity of who this company actually is, or if they are actually a real company, and if something happened I would have no way to trace this company and locate my bike I've come to the conclusion that something isn't quite right here and I am not comfortable turning my bike over to them.

FYI, the form they provided listed the company as a corporation, ______, Inc. As a corporation doing business in California they have to be listed with the Secretary of State, along with who their Agent For Service Of Process is; and to do business in Los Angeles County they have to register the Fictitious Business Name. Neither of these exist.

In my opinion if I can't verify a company, it doesn't exist.

I just thought I'd share my thoughts and concerns just in case others are considering it. Be wary.

·
Wayward Son
23,035 Posts
@Sarah93003
Thanks.
I will be bringing this to the attention of the powers that be.

·
Asylum Inmate
11,291 Posts
They will store our bikes in water tight shipping containers. No need to worry.
(Sarcasm)

My bike is in the orange container. Number three on the best selling heisted bikes list!

·
Hit it she goes boom
5,067 Posts
Good on you Sarah. I've got a very simple contract.. Cross my palm with several dead presidents (this means $$$$ for you younger folks) you can "borrow" my bike any time, signed title and all.

·
Wayward Son
23,035 Posts
Hawg Dawg has been contacted.
But have a feeling Our Girl scared him off. :nod

·
Fla Cajun
25,353 Posts
Hawg Dawg has been contacted.
But have a feeling Our Girl scared him off. :nod
Dang right, ya mess with this forum an we'll put Sarah on your butt...:spar

·