Harley Davidson Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Rocker Chik
3,317 Posts
Dang right, ya mess with this forum an we'll put Sarah on your butt...:spar
Thanks, guys! The thing is, I don't mind working with a reputable company. Bailment law is in place to protect our property when it is in the custody of a business. They have to have liability insurance in case of theft, fire, etc. If my bike was to "disappear" I at least need to know who I am to hold responsible, how to contact them, and if necessary how to serve legal papers if it gets to that level. Once I had a business name and address and could not verify their identity and authenticity I became nervous. I even did a Google Earth view of the address and its simply in an industrial park. My concern was if I showed up a week or two later would it all be vacant. By the way, if anyone needs to know the name and address of the "business", please PM me and I will share it. I just don't want there to be an issue if I was to post it in this thread.

We pay a lot of money for our prized possession and should exercise due diligence to ensure we are dealing with a reputable entity. Where's my nerd glasses? Oh, here they are! :nerd

·
Registered
20,235 Posts
Thanks, guys! The thing is, I don't mind working with a reputable company. Bailment law is in place to protect our property when it is in the custody of a business. They have to have liability insurance in case of theft, fire, etc. If my bike was to "disappear" I at least need to know who I am to hold responsible, how to contact them, and if necessary how to serve legal papers if it gets to that level. Once I had a business name and address and could not verify their identity and authenticity I became nervous. I even did a Google Earth view of the address and its simply in an industrial park. My concern was if I showed up a week or two later would it all be vacant. By the way, if anyone needs to know the name and address of the "business", please PM me and I will share it. I just don't want there to be an issue if I was to post it in this thread.

We pay a lot of money for our prized possession and should exercise due diligence to ensure we are dealing with a reputable entity. Where's my nerd glasses? Oh, here they are! :nerd
Legal Papers? is that what you call your K-Bar?

·
Rocker Chik
3,317 Posts
Legal Papers? is that what you call your K-Bar?
Why, yes it is. I name all of my knives. The RH-36 is named "I'm so sorry", the Buck 120 is named "Oops", the Buck 119 is "Gimme dat", the custom Bowie is named "here, hold my beer" and the other Bowie is named, "what did you say?"

·
Nocturnal Ancestor
6,652 Posts
I also will be seeking bikes to just..well test!! If someone is going to be not using their bike due to whatever problems one has, I will put many miles as I can to keep the miles up to par!

Joking!:kiss

IMO. Tread carefully People.
Just say`in....

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Great Job Sarah. Very simple and to the point questions that if they can't or won't answer should shut down anyone thinking of doing business with them.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts