Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
36,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We recently discovered that people from Vikingbags.com have created multiple accounts on this forum posing as normal members. Eventually they get around to making a few negative comments about their competitors, and saying that they had a positive experience from vikingbags.com in an attempt to generate more business for them.

Buyer beware for anyone considering buying from a company that would employ such slimeball sales tactics such as this.

·
Registered
36,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Call me Gig.
3,964 Posts
They are now certainly on my list of companies not to do business with.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Interesting. I asked about Vikingbags a couple of weeks ago and really got no warm fuzzy feeling from the responses. The "plants" must not be doing a good job! I've already lost interest in these anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

·
Señor Member
2,384 Posts
What a bunch of: :cowdung
Somebody should: :2guns
:whizz on Vikingbags.

Thanks for the heads up.

·
VA Fender Bender
5,549 Posts
thought something smeeled fishy on the saddlebag thread a few days ago. Great job sniffing them out.

·
Registered
10,309 Posts
We recently discovered that people from Vikingbags.com have created multiple accounts on this forum posing as normal members. Eventually they get around to making a few negative comments about their competitors, and saying that they had a positive experience from vikingbags.com in an attempt to generate more business for them.

Buyer beware for anyone considering buying from a company that would employ such slimeball sales tactics such as this.
As I type this reply there is an ad for VIKING BAGS GEAR ON SALE at the top of the page. I don't know how to bring this to the attention of site administrators but I hope someone else will. I wouldn't think this site would want to run their ads.

Thanks, Louisville Joe

·
Registered
36,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, they had an ad for N0bama too right before the elections....

Unfortunately we (the mods) have no say in what ads are placed on the site.

·
Killer of Souls
10,858 Posts
I betting there is some GOOGLE type analytic software that populates that top banner with target marketing.

You do a search or talk about said company, next thing you know they are in the banner. I know that I have had Grainger pop up there after I placed an order earlier on Graingers site.

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
I betting there is some GOOGLE type analytic software that populates that top banner with target marketing.

You do a search or talk about said company, next thing you know they are in the banner. I know that I have had Grainger pop up there after I placed an order earlier on Graingers site.
Salma Hayek naked, Salma Hayek naked, Salma Hayek naked, Salma Hayek naked, Salma Hayek naked, Salma Hayek naked, Salma Hayek naked, Salma Hayek naked, Salma Hayek naked, Salma Hayek naked, Salma Hayek naked, Salma Hayek naked.....

·
Killer of Souls
10,858 Posts
Salma Hayek naked, Salma Hayek naked, Salma Hayek naked, Salma Hayek naked, Salma Hayek naked, Salma Hayek naked, Salma Hayek naked, Salma Hayek naked, Salma Hayek naked, Salma Hayek naked, Salma Hayek naked, Salma Hayek naked.....
:laugh:laugh:rollin:rollin:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

·
Registered
693 Posts
Thank you, good call, 15 yard penalty unsportsman like conduct, repeat first down.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Man am I ever glad I read this... I thought I read some negative feedback on Viking. Was going to ask if anyone has dealt with Saddlemen?
Thanks

·
Registered
870 Posts
We recently discovered that people from Vikingbags.com have created multiple accounts on this forum posing as normal members.
I've been on this forum for less than a month, but have yet to run across a "normal member". :rollin:loco:rollin:loco:rollin:loco

·
Registered
36,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I've been on this forum for less than a month, but have yet to run across a "normal member". :rollin:loco:rollin:loco:rollin:loco
That's exactly why they were so easily identified! :nod

·
Registered
930 Posts
I got saddlemans sissybar trunk bag. I just got it and man! Its awesome, even comes with a backrest pad that Velcro's on the back if riding two up so passenger still has a pad back there because the bag covers up the original pad. Oh, and every buckle is a hidden snap on like most saddlebags are BUT, I just found out it came with a key because all those buckles have locks on them too! Great stuff!

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

·
las drogas son malas
3,248 Posts
Adding this here as suggested by Kainam.

I put Viking bags on my last bike and when at first they didn't fit (blinkers were in the way) I contacted customer service. No phone number, mind you - you have to email. Strike #1. Strikes 2 and 3 happened over the course of the following week. Worst. Customer. Service. Ever. Thinking about the extra $100 brackets they convinced me to buy that didn't fix the problem and they wouldn't take back after the fact still pisses me off. Stay away from those scam artists. Oh, and the bags were extremely low quality too (want locking bags? each bag will need its own key - that'll be handy).

·
VA Fender Bender
5,549 Posts
Adding this here as suggested by Kainam.

I put Viking bags on my last bike and when at first they didn't fit (blinkers were in the way) I contacted customer service. No phone number, mind you - you have to email. Strike #1. Strikes 2 and 3 happened over the course of the following week. Worst. Customer. Service. Ever. Thinking about the extra $100 brackets they convinced me to buy that didn't fix the problem and they wouldn't take back after the fact still pisses me off. Stay away from those scam artists. Oh, and the bags were extremely low quality too (want locking bags? each bag will need its own key - that'll be handy).
Enuf said for me, that is for sure

1 - 20 of 50 Posts