Harley Davidson Forums banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
I put Viking Bags in my wife's XL883L. The bolts that Viking sent did not fit...too short. I needed new bolts and NOTE the front bolt and the rear bolt ate NOT the same length. Easy install when the bolts are right.
No pics?

I have always been told when it comes to the forums... without pics, it didn't happen LOL

Exco

·
Registered
2 Posts
Viking bags on 09 Fat Bob

Has anyone purchased the large size Viking bags for their Fat Bob? I just received mine and they will not fit properly. I am guessing I need the shock cut out ones because my turn signals are already moved towards the rear of the fender. Any thoughts and comments would be appreciated! Thanks!

·
Banned
2,466 Posts
Update on my Viking bags. Lasted 2 months and the stitching started unraveling. Bags have been sitting on a shelf in the garage since June. I'd rather have the money in my wallet than these sitting on a shelf.

·
Registered
20,796 Posts
Update on my Viking bags. Lasted 2 months and the stitching started unraveling. Bags have been sitting on a shelf in the garage since June. I'd rather have the money in my wallet than these sitting on a shelf.
They can be repaired.
Get a large sewing needle and some braided fishing line to use as thread.
Restitch the bag and it will be better than new.

·
Banned
2,466 Posts
They can be repaired.
Get a large sewing needle and some braided fishing line to use as thread.
Restitch the bag and it will be better than new.
That's the plan over the winter. My point being, after 2 months of use this should not be an issue.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Soooo... For what its worth, I had totally missed this thread before I bought bags from Viking... Obviously if I had seen it, I might not have chanced it, but I didn't, and they had a pretty well discounted 'Cyber Monday' sale the Monday after Thanksgiving... So I went ahead and got some hard bags for my new Wide Glide.

Until I read this thread, I didn't even notice that I was in fact missing something. They didn't send me the mounting hardware that is promised to be included. I didn't notice because I had instead bought Easy Brackets to mount the bags with. Viking makes a knock-off to easy brackets, but the construction isn't as nice, they make a universal bracket so its kind of cheap looking.

The bags I got had the shock cut out, so the easy brackets wouldn't mount up with all 4 holes. I had to drill two new holes in the brackets to be able to attach them to the Viking Bags with all 4 screws. However, I am pleased with the bags so far, and the easy brackets. Both seem to be well constructed. I love having bags now, so I can carry extra gloves, my jacket liner, etc.

Attached is a pic of my bike with the hard Viking bags I installed. They may have forgotten to include the mounting hardware, but I saved $700 over going with the Harley equivalents (which have HORRIBLE reviews on the Harley store - which is what prompted my search for an alternate solution), and they work great with the Easy Brackets.

Attachments

·
Registered
37,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Hey Elaine Rocha Schoedinger, please keep your compensated reviews and your Honda VTX off this forum.
Incase you didn't notice, the name of this forum is Harley-Davidsonforums.

If you need more money, cut more hair, or do a better job and get better tips.

Pretty pathetic that Vikingbags has to resort to paid spammers now.... :nah

kthxbye.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts