Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Thug counter
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you know that I've been wanting to take my daughter, Raeden, who has special needs on bike rides with me. It's something that wasn't possible until yesterday.

We bought a 2015 trike. It's beautiful, I got a great deal because of how a smart-ass salesman acted toward me (a whole new thread in itself someday). They gave me a stupendous trade on my night train, and for the first time ever, I have equity in a purchased vehicle.

Enough of that...pics are on the way. And yes @Webco, the speckled pup absolutely loves the trike. I literally had to peal her off the thing today!

·
Thug counter
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here we are at the dealership 'ringing the bell'. And honestly guys, you don't know how much it meant to me for my wife to be there. She absolutely hates motorcycles, and to be able to get her there was an awesome feeling for me.

IMG_2528.JPG

·
Thug counter
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here we are after all the paperwork is signed. I've just given them one arm, one foot, and half my ass to pay for this thing. :)

IMG_3677.jpg

·
Thug counter
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Now for some comments of what I think about it. I've ridden less than a hundred miles thus far, but I'm not liking it yet. Honestly, it's working me to death in curves. I'm trying to get myself accustomed to the 'push-pull' on the handlebars while in a curve, but I'm not having a lot of luck so far.

Another observation--when I ride by myself, it's just not as fun as the Night Train. Going around curves or making turns was always a good time for me.

I reckon the way I'm going to make up for it, is being able to take my youngest on a ride whenever I take a notion. Orders from the wife...we are getting armrests, and an adjustable backrest to trap her in the back seat, so I went back to the dealership and spent $800 (plus another $800 on Rinehart pipes for it, but we will keep that our little secret.;)

·
Registered
42,096 Posts
Congrats! Your secret is safe with us.

Just let us know whenever you need help spending your money again in the future! :D

·
Indecisive Member
292 Posts
Congrats on your purchase and small sacrifice in fun for the pleasure of taking your daughter out on a ride. At some point you'll be able to get another two wheeled beast to carve some corners in, but for now enjoy this simple things like your daughters smile when you crack that throttle open.

·
Thug counter
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Congrats on your purchase and small sacrifice in fun for the pleasure of taking your daughter out on a ride. At some point you'll be able to get another two wheeled beast to carve some corners in, but for now enjoy this simple things like your daughters smile when you crack that throttle open.
Your thoughts are exactly mine. She really enjoyed the short 5 mile ride I took her on the other evening. I could hear her squealing and laughing over both the radio and the wind noise. She was really tuckered out after that short ride too!

It was awesome.

BTW, I'll get used to the trike, and probably never think about going back. It's so much safer when you run on gravel or wet spots in the road. Just a little less to worry about. Plus the headlights on this sucker make the deer stand out from a long way away.

·
Thug counter
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Congrats! Your secret is safe with us.

Just let us know whenever you need help spending your money again in the future! :D
Enabler!!

Sounds like I'm saying that like it's a bad thing...:laugh

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Upgraded seat $800, new pipes $800, putting many smiles on your daughters face and joy in her heart PRICELESS.

Have a friend who went from 2 wheels to 3 (same trike you have) at first she felt awkward but now that she is use to it she loves it.

Enjoy and ride safe. :)

·
Thug counter
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Question for those in the know....I bought a service contract through the dealership for $1900. How many services will it take me to break even? Feeling kinda silly for not checking that out before I signed on the dotted line. :what?

Of course the contract does allegedly put me to the 'front of the line' when I need service. If I leave it with them, they have to return it to me in 48 hours with work finished.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Congrats on the upgrade! You'll get used to the curves thing... It's all about give and take... obviously the pleasure of being able to take your daughter out for a ride over comes any and all discomforts about riding something with 3 wheels.

As far as breaking even on the service contract... It's probably gonna take a few years, especially if you consider each service will be ~$200-$300 or possibly more.

Enjoy the new ride

Exco

·
Guitarslinger
3,334 Posts
That is awesome man, pretty bike and color. Your daughters are gonna keep you on the road and that's a good thing !!! :thumbsup:)

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Pretty bike, but pale in comparison to the two beauties sitting on it.
My daughter is 47, and the memories and bond we made through the years are the best memories I have.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Question for those in the know....I bought a service contract through the dealership for $1900. How many services will it take me to break even? Feeling kinda silly for not checking that out before I signed on the dotted line. :what?

Of course the contract does allegedly put me to the 'front of the line' when I need service. If I leave it with them, they have to return it to me in 48 hours with work finished.

I also have a service contract. I ride a lot and put a thousands of miles a year on the bike so for me it's worth it. Every time it goes in to the shop they charge $300 or more which I never pay for. I just did my 15,000 mile service and it was $500. Didn't have to pay a penny. I think it's great.

·
Banned
71 Posts
Some of you know that I've been wanting to take my daughter, Raeden, who has special needs on bike rides with me. It's something that wasn't possible until yesterday.

We bought a 2015 trike. It's beautiful, I got a great deal because of how a smart-ass salesman acted toward me (a whole new thread in itself someday). They gave me a stupendous trade on my night train, and for the first time ever, I have equity in a purchased vehicle.

Enough of that...pics are on the way. And yes @Webco, the speckled pup absolutely loves the trike. I literally had to peal her off the thing today!
Here we are after all the paperwork is signed. I've just given them one arm, one foot, and half my ass to pay for this thing. :)

View attachment 366666
Your thoughts are exactly mine. She really enjoyed the short 5 mile ride I took her on the other evening. I could hear her squealing and laughing over both the radio and the wind noise. She was really tuckered out after that short ride too!

It was awesome.

BTW, I'll get used to the trike, and probably never think about going back. It's so much safer when you run on gravel or wet spots in the road. Just a little less to worry about. Plus the headlights on this sucker make the deer stand out from a long way away.
I noticed who has the backseat already claimed . :thumbsup :) :)

:) No matter the cost in money or time..... She is well worth it . :) :)

·
Registered
456 Posts
You are a great dad!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts