Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The factory radio on my 2012 Ultra Is acting up so I have to pull it out. It just goes quiet, I turn it off then back on and it works for a while then does it again. Any tips on getting it out of there.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Seems to be a common problem. Mine did it too. You have to pull the outer fairing off. The stereo comes out from the inside. It's no big deal to get it out. I would suggest sending your to Iron Cross audio. You can search them on the internet. They repair and can add upgrades to it also. Like blue tooth.

·
Retired citizen
24,103 Posts
Remove the outer fairing, unplug the radio connections, unscrew two Allen screws from each side of the radio chassis and slide the radio out towards the front.
Pinch the headlamp connector sides to release it from the bulb, it's locked to the bulb.

·
Lost and Confused
106 Posts
The factory radio on my 2012 Ultra Is acting up so I have to pull it out. It just goes quiet, I turn it off then back on and it works for a while then does it again. Any tips on getting it out of there.
Check out Youtube, there's a coupe clips on how to remove the fairing and radio.:)

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
A set of those allen keys with the little ball ends that allow you to use them at a slight angle to the bolt is VERY handy to have when attempting to do this.

·
Registered
39 Posts
If you send it in to Iron Cross for repair and you use Aux plug on front of the radio for GPS sound have them install a Aux outlet in the back of the radio. It is not that expensive and gets the cord out of the front. We installed a Aux outlet in the back ourselves but if sending out for repair I would definitely have them do it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
You should get some double back tape that is very thin for reinstalling the rubber gasket that seals the radio at the front. Seam like it was 3/4" tape.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts