Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone put a police air ride seat in a civillian 08 RK?

What I'm trying to find out is do I have to remove the fuel tank to bolt the solo seat on like the earlier models or do they mound w/o removing the fuel tank?

Also can I used the stock civillian dash on the tank with the Police Solo seat? Will the air can fit under the battery anywhere?

Any install tips greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi, I have just installed one on my 2002 Roadking Classic, it's fantastic!
Lift your standard seat off, If you can see a bar about 2" wide with one center hole, smaller holes each side of the large one then you should be able to mount the airspring. Just behind the fuel tank underneath the wiring loom either side should be two holes, this is where the front seat pivot bracket fit, facing forwards, you don't need to move the tank, just be carefull when you move the wiring about as it is possible to pull the plug away from the ignition switch! No change for the dash assy. Air can fits in my right hand saddle bag.
Good luck If I can help any more give me an email

All the above works for a 2002 roadking, yours may be different.

·
Road Glide
348 Posts
08's have a different seat mount to the earlier FLH's, and if it's got ABS there's not a lot of space under the seat.

·
Mile Maker
5 Posts
JJR - I want to do the same on my 08 FLHTC. Shud be the same install as yours. I'm not sure of all the parts needed. As I understand it I will need the seat, compressor, frame and bladder. Are these the right parts? Any others I shud be expecting if I buy this from someone who has changed to a different seat?
Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
1 Posts
poiice air seat for a 2008

JJR,
due to the six gallon fuel tank in 08 you need a different seat bracket and hinge parts that bolt to frame just behind the tank. I am preparing to do same. All other components are the same as on earlier touring models per dealer, I am assuming the pan will be the same, but have not fitted as yet myself. It actually looks easier than on earlier models as only two bolts to frame, and appears to have more room to get your hand inside frame to install mounting bolts. Having a friend with smaller hands maybe a help!!!!
On earlier models there was a gap left on the road glide to th instrument cluster. I looked a police set up on a newer model. The hinge from frame extends over the back portion of the tank and tends to fill in the gap i think you are worried about. If you want at passenger seat, Mustang makes a rear saddle that mounts to rear fender and my daughter said she liked it better than the road Zeppelin! good luck and go for it!

·
Registered
39 Posts
The bracket for the newer Police seat fits around the the tongue(for a better word) that your original seats slides into and bolts down to the frame. It has two ears that stick up and the the long bolt goes through and goes through the front of the seat. One thing I did notice, the new Police seat, at least on the EG dont lift up like the older ones, I guess its because of the larger tank.

I will try and get some pictures

1 - 6 of 6 Posts