Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im wondering ive recently acquired a rear ended roadglide front half is fine minus a few scratches. its a 2012 cvo roadglide and i have a 2013 cvo road king . id like to put the fairing on i do have all the parts i need since i do have the second bike. can this be done ? If so can anyone recommend a good mechanic in the nyc area that can do the work ? thanks.i got it mainly for engine and tranny but i really like the idea of a fairing.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I installed the Memphis shades bat wing fairing on my King and love it . yours will be a lot more work . mine clips on and off really easy . you won`t be as lucky . for under $500.00 it was a great deal ... brand new !

way cheaper if you do it yourself ....

·
Registered
42,143 Posts
The frame is identical between the two.

So provided you have all the parts for the RG, you have everything you need to swap over the fairing.

·
Banned
71 Posts
im wondering ive recently acquired a rear ended roadglide front half is fine minus a few scratches. its a 2012 cvo roadglide and i have a 2013 cvo road king . id like to put the fairing on i do have all the parts i need since i do have the second bike. can this be done ? If so can anyone recommend a good mechanic in the nyc area that can do the work ? thanks.i got it mainly for engine and tranny but i really like the idea of a fairing.
I installed the Memphis shades bat wing fairing on my King and love it . yours will be a lot more work . mine clips on and off really easy . you won`t be as lucky . for under $500.00 it was a great deal ... brand new !

way cheaper if you do it yourself ....
The Roadglide Service Manual and Parts Book would come in handy right about now . :thumbsup :)

It's not all that much work to change the parts out . :)

·
Keep on Ridin’
8,054 Posts
Your biggest issue may be deciding on how you want to handle your instrumentation. Road King has everything on the tank and Road Glide has a fork-mounted cluster and added instruments in the fairing. Wiring harness will need special attention. Plus wiring up the sound system.

There is a thread on this forum about a very detailed conversion from Street Glide to Road Glide that may help give you and idea of the scopemof this project.

--

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So search bar for the street glide conversion and a road glide service Manuel . Any other good places for help ? YouTube videos ? I prefer to do all the gauges in the fairing I can swap out the tank that parts ok on the other bike .

·
Keep on Ridin’
8,054 Posts
So search bar for the street glide conversion and a road glide service Manuel . Any other good places for help ? YouTube videos ? I prefer to do all the gauges in the fairing I can swap out the tank that parts ok on the other bike .

Sounds like you're good to go!

The conversion thread I'm referring to was done by 2stangs8689. When you read that thread, I think you'll find that you won't need youtube. If you saw his finished product, it would be impossible to tell that the bike didn't roll off the assembly line as a Road Glide. Except for the fact that the build quality is better than factory.

http://www.harley-davidsonforums.co...22273-street-glide-road-glide-conversion.html

1 - 7 of 7 Posts