Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Road King Classic
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got some kuryakans with throttle boss from a guy. Altogether shipped for $50. My understanding is that on touring models, the grips are tightened down with the shell clamp hand controls. The clutch side grip also gets some glue. But on the clutch grip, it appears to have only been glued on/no clamping part. Maybe that is how they are installed (I haven't checked yet, I'm still at work and they just got delivered).

If glue is my option, how do I go about getting the grip off in the future if I ever plan to change/upgrade? For soft ones I've come across cutting and using compressed air. So I just want to know I'm not potentially screwing myself if I end up gluing this on.

Picture guy sent me:

·
Just Ride
3,863 Posts
Ask him how he got it off, generally alot of twisting and cussing.

·
Registered
406 Posts
There are grips that don't require glue. They slide right on, then you mechanically fasten them. Look at grips like these:

-Clutch-side grip features internal wedge mechanism

The left-hand grip is held on with three small set screws and can be tightened and locked in place with the included allen wrench.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Not to rain on your parade, but when I looked them up the price was $89.00 brand new. Not sure how much you saved by buying used ones.

·
Registered
2005 Road King Classic
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not to rain on your parade, but when I looked them up the price was $89.00 brand new. Not sure how much you saved by buying used ones.
Oof, the ones I was looking at were about 115. Oh well. I installed them and they look nice. The guy just didn't like the chrome. I'll consider it a slight win. 🤷‍♂️

1 - 7 of 7 Posts