Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all ,
I am wanting to change out the stock mufflers (part # 64708-08B)
which is a catalyst muffler , for part # 65842-07 I have been told both ways, on the latter number having the cat and not having the honeycomb cat , can someone shed some light on the 65842-07's , by the way my 2013 Heritage does not have the cats in the head-pipes . Bike is all stock other than a HD Stage 1 down-load , just wanting to get rid of all the heat I can .

Thanks

·
Just Ride
3,843 Posts
Aftermarket slip ons cheapest way to go.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys , I can get the other pipes free , I bought the bike with 1065 miles and had dealer installed Cobra straights and had bad decal pop so I had a set of new SE-II (the older hard to find) slip-ons and still decal pop , so took it to the dealer and he flashed it with a stage 1 and still small decal pop , so I put the stock pipes that came with the bike and it solved the pop but the plugs are showing VERY rich , I'm not wanting a race bike I just cruise and want it reliable without the cat pipes creating so much heat . Should I have it put back to factory tune and leave it alone , because I no intentions to doing any mods other than wanting to rid of the cat pipes , but I also don't want to be cleaning the plugs all the time , the plug reading was perfect before the ECM flash and within a 75 mile ride they are black as hell , thanks again for any suggestions .

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all ,
I am wanting to change out the stock mufflers (part # 64708-08B)
which is a catalyst muffler , for part # 65842-07 I have been told both ways, on the latter number having the cat and not having the honeycomb cat , can someone shed some light on the 65842-07's , by the way my 2013 Heritage does not have the cats in the head-pipes . Bike is all stock other than a HD Stage 1 down-load , just wanting to get rid of all the heat I can .

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Is the part # 65842-07 can be swap for the # 64708-08 on a heritage 2007, since the 64708-08 call for 1584/1688 engine

1 - 7 of 7 Posts