Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Breaker of Things
3,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so my son is getting ready to take his MCL test but not as of yet. I want to take him on a longer ride.....My question is..... Is it considered gay to ride 2 up with another guy even if it is your kid & your teaching them???

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
I'm not sure, but I would ask this:

What is more important to you?

A. A father/son memory-making teaching experience
B. Some stranger's false presumptions about your sexuality and your desire you protect your "image" to strangers

My 15-yr-old son is 6'2", 160. He's bigger than a lot of adult males. I take him out on occasion. I'm not too worried about what someone else thinks or says.

·
Gypsy on Parade
4,778 Posts
My 16 yr old son is 6' even. He's taller than I am. He loves to ride and my thought is the same as Chasarms. I don't give a flying flip what other people think. He's my son, and the memories we have will last far longer than some jerk-off's opinion.

When we rode over to the AMRA races, I was teasing him about buying him some fake boobs and a wig. Bigworm looked at him said tell him to buy you your own ride and that'll stop that shit.

PS

That ride was about 3 1/2 hours away, and we packed a tent and sleeping bags for an overnighter. We had a blast!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Teach the young man how to ride!!! Screw what others might think!!!

·
Fat Guy on the Ultra
5,388 Posts
Its father and son. So no problem. If your worried about what people think, get him a wig and put under his helmet.....

·
Union Ironworker
185 Posts
Lol.....I've picked my 21 year old Son up from work lots of times...Gay? absolutely not....just don't kick back and lean on his leg like you do the Wife....

·
Breaker of Things
3,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the input guys.... Just worried about what would happen if a kid from school were to see him on with me. You all know how mean kids can be these days! Plus he's 6' and #210 football/wrestler & don't want him taking a ribbing from other jocks.... But you guys are right about the father/son time!!! Screw em......

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Breaker of Things
3,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
377 Posts
Am I the only one that was thinking about the ambiguously gay duo from SNL?

·
Registered
781 Posts
My 13 year old son is 6'2"... we ride together a lot. He loves when I pick him up at school because all of the other kids thinks it's awesome. I don't care what anyone else thinks. I see the smile on his face and that's all I need. I AM looking forward, however, to the day when he's riding his own bike and we can take long rode trips together.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts

·
Was Briefly First
1,753 Posts
Just worried about what would happen if a kid from school were to see him on with me.
You are absolutely right that kids can be some mean sombiches. But I'd leave that call up to him. If he's not worried about what the other kids think, then you're good to go.

·
Registered
29 Posts
6' 210lbs.. Wrestler and plays Football They wont say much... just sayin!!!

·
Gypsy on Parade
4,778 Posts
You are absolutely right that kids can be some mean sombiches. But I'd leave that call up to him. If he's not worried about what the other kids think, then you're good to go.
Not only that, as someone else posted, most kids that age think everything about motorcycles is cool. They won't give him a hard time.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Before the falling out with my brother (haven't talked in 2 years) I would take him for rides all the time. He's blind so he can't ride his own, but loves the wind on his face. Never really gave any thought to what other people think.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
My 18yo son rides with me all the time. Also my 13yo son when he's not out doing something for school. Drives my 7yo son nuts because he only gets a short ride but, he loves to ride. They will all look back and remember "when". I do!

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Most kids would think the bikes are cool and would not think a thing about it. When my sons come back from college they will probably ride with me too.

I grew up riding trail bikes. I think learning on something light and small is the way to go, I probably will be looking for a good cheap trail/road bike to teach my sons how to ride.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts