Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a Doran Tire Pressure Monitoring System but had to take my bike (2012 Limited) to the dealer to get metal valve stems put on.

Unfortunately the metal valve stems are so long that there is no room for the sensors to screw on top of them. I had no idea they would be so long.

So my question is:

Can the valve stems (threaded part) be screwed in further in to the wheel/tire so make the exposed part shorter? That would give me room to put on the sensor.

I assume if the answer is yes, I'll have to take it back to the dealer so they can take both tires off and remount the valve stem.

The only other option is to mount the sensors inside the tire, which also would mean the dealer needs to take them off.

What a pain.

I have emailed Doran, but not sure if I'll hear back quickly or not. I need this done fairly quickly because I'm about to take about a 2,500 mile trip and sure would like to have the tire pressure monitors installed before I go.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Have them put in 90 degree stems, or go to a parts store buy them and go to an Indy shop and have them install them for you. When I put new shoes on the Limited I am going to have them installed. That is one thing that I miss on my Goldwings.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts