Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know how to remove the seat on my wife's 2014 XL883L. BUT, I have a question when I remove the screw behind the seat is there a nut that will fall off OR is it threaded into the rear fender? I ask because if there is a nut under the fender I could never reach it to put the seat back on.

·
VA Fender Bender
5,551 Posts
there is a nut locked into the fender.

·
SoundMan
576 Posts
Just remove the screw and don't worry about the nut. Also, you probably already know this, but make sure you re-check that screw once you put it back on. Mine usually comes loose again during my next ride. I actually replaced my OEM screw with a thumb screw Harley sells. It makes it easier to tighten without any tools, but even that comes loose once and awhile.

·
Fla Cajun
25,353 Posts
Just remove the screw and don't worry about the nut. Also, you probably already know this, but make sure you re-check that screw once you put it back on. Mine usually comes loose again during my next ride. I actually replaced my OEM screw with a thumb screw Harley sells. It makes it easier to tighten without any tools, but even that comes loose once and awhile.
Blue locktite is your friend.....:thumb

·
Registered
82 Posts
If you pop out that flat plastic piece right in front of where seat goes, you can reach through and take nut off and put it back in and then pop flat piece of plastic over the place it covered.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
The fender nut is held in place with a "C" clip. Should it ever fall out, a piece of wire fished thru from the top will enable you to pull it back into place. I hope you can figure the details out.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
The fender nut is held in place with a "C" clip. Should it ever fall out, a piece of wire fished thru from the top will enable you to pull it back into place. I hope you can figure the details out.
I used a 'zip-tie' but same principal...... :)
Colt.45

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Guys original post was 4 years ago
EvoRK
HaHaHa, Guess I should have noticed that.............:nerd Well I hope he has it off by now.................:smile
Colt.45

·
Wayward Son
23,316 Posts
Guys original post was 4 years ago
Here is the original bones digger.
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

If you pop out that flat plastic piece right in front of where seat goes, you can reach through and take nut off and put it back in and then pop flat piece of plastic over the place it covered.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Crap; I only noted the date on the reply before me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts