Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will a STOCK 2011 Street Glide seat fit on a 2008 Street Glide? I've googled this question, and got so many different answers I'm not sure what to believe. Some say it fits fine, some say NO, because the frame is wider, and the seat will hit the fender. I'm looking for a stock seat for my 2008 Street Glide, and can find nothing on ebay except '09-15 seats. There are tons of those for sale. I'd love to buy one, but not sure if they'll fit without messing up my fender. Thoughts?

Also, anyone know the price of a new OEM 2008 stock seat? Dealer said he could order me one, but wasn't sure of the price without looking it up. I can get one off ebay for less than $175, but if it won't fit, then it's wasted money. Help?

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
They changed the seat pan itself, which is why it won't fit. 2008 and down, and 2009 up is the cut off.

·
The Fighting Chicken
4,006 Posts
Will a STOCK 2011 Street Glide seat fit on a 2008 Street Glide? I've googled this question, and got so many different answers I'm not sure what to believe. Some say it fits fine, some say NO, because the frame is wider, and the seat will hit the fender. I'm looking for a stock seat for my 2008 Street Glide, and can find nothing on ebay except '09-15 seats. There are tons of those for sale. I'd love to buy one, but not sure if they'll fit without messing up my fender. Thoughts?

Also, anyone know the price of a new OEM 2008 stock seat? Dealer said he could order me one, but wasn't sure of the price without looking it up. I can get one off ebay for less than $175, but if it won't fit, then it's wasted money. Help?

I have a stock seat that I took off my 2008. I could probably ship it your way for the going rate.

I did put a sundowner on my bike that I'm thinking was "for an 09-up bike" but I could be wrong. I've got my 08 and a 2011 sitting in my shop right now. I'll swap the seats and see what they look like.

PM me if you want the seat. Id ship it for $175 to the lower 48.

·
The Fighting Chicken
4,006 Posts
Well these seats won't change over. The stock 2011 seat hits the 2008's fender struts. The back of the seat is still an inch up while the strut was hitting the seat pan. It'd work but not well.

ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1434813287.999994.jpg

My finger is pointing at the contact point.

My sundowner is probably made for the later model frame, as it sits pretty wide on my bike. It hasn't caused any issues in over a year and 10,000 miles though.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Went to the dealership......... my dealer said........ "'09 and up, the frame is wider, so those seats definitely won't fit right." Well, the dealer was right. They "fit", but they didn't "fit right". The '09 and up seats "hung over" the frame rails on the sides instead of riding on them. Parts guy said that eventually that would cause the seat to sag and start hitting the paint. Made sense. I tried a Sundowner, it still sat me too close. How do you guys ride with those? Tried a tallboy, that sat me too far back, so I gave up, and just ordered a 2008 OEM.

·
The Fighting Chicken
4,006 Posts
Went to the dealership......... my dealer said........ "'09 and up, the frame is wider, so those seats definitely won't fit right." Well, the dealer was right. They "fit", but they didn't "fit right". The '09 and up seats "hung over" the frame rails on the sides instead of riding on them. Parts guy said that eventually that would cause the seat to sag and start hitting the paint. Made sense. I tried a Sundowner, it still sat me too close. How do you guys ride with those? Tried a tallboy, that sat me too far back, so I gave up, and just ordered a 2008 OEM.

So you don't want mine?

·
The Fighting Chicken
4,006 Posts
Sorry, I was at the dealer. Got frustrated with it all, and just went ahead and ordered on. Again, I apologize.

It's really not an issue. I didn't intend to really sell it the opportunity was just too convenient.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts