Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
one thing ive noticed on this site is , the lack of b.s. which i greatly appricate... my ? is has anyone had any issues with there crankshafts on there 07 96ci bikes??? i recently purchased my first harley very excited about it .. so i start visiting these forums for education about the machine and all i hear is the 07's are junk , the cranks are junk etc.etc. etc. does anyone have any real info ive heard so much crap that im not sure what to believe ... and its really takein the enjoyment out of my roadking ....
keith

·
Old Member
2,896 Posts
Welcome and don't believe every thing you read.
The more you dig the more you'll find.

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
blues... No issues with the '07 Road King here after 20 months, and I ride it hard. Web sites are a magnet for owners to report problems or vent. It happens at the web sites for all kinds of makes/models. This is understandable but it is hardly representative.

Enjoy your great bike. No need to second guess or wonder if something is going to happen. I've owned numerous H-D's over the years with zero issues.

Good to have you here!

·
SNAFU organizer
4,127 Posts
no more than any other year Blues 821. I got an 07 Ultra. Lotta changes that year so I got 5 years of waruntee and they just replaced an 02 sensor on their tab. If we coulda shoulda blame anybody for the problems on 07's and later it would probably be the EPA

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well fella's i'm not haveing any problems with my 07. in fact i'd say it runs pretty damn good .. just that this is my first harley .my wife thought it was time that i had my dream bike . a road king classic . since at 42 yrs i had to under go a triple by-pass .damn family history . so after waiting 20yr to get the bike ive always wanted ,i learn of the crankshaft issue, so it really concened me .. most of the other forums seem to maybe blow things up a bit so after hanging around here for awhile just reading and watching .i didnt seem to find much of that going on here. so i thought id ask .. as far as my bike goes its got 4500 or so on it now .seems to run smooth and has good oil pressure so maybe i got a good one ..
keith

1 - 7 of 7 Posts