Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am need an answer...can someone help?
Is there any difference in the forward controls for an 09 Streetbob as opposed any earlier models...say 93-2003? What I am getting at is I found a set of forward controls for Dyna 93-2003 for a great price...can I use them?

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
I am need an answer...can someone help?
Is there any difference in the forward controls for an 09 Streetbob as opposed any earlier models...say 93-2003? What I am getting at is I found a set of forward controls for Dyna 93-2003 for a great price...can I use them?
Not positive, but I believe so. Check parts houses and see what years are applicable. If 2007 is included in and of the 93-2003 years, then you're golden.

·
What?
3,256 Posts
Yep, if the parts you WANT to buy, say they will fit a 2009 model, then you ok.

·
COB
1,984 Posts
Easy way is to check the HD Parts Catalog for both years and see if the part number is the same. If not talk to a parts person at a good dealer.

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
better check w/ dealer or like CBM says parts catalog. may be slight differances that do make a differance! I know alot of bikes changed in '03 & '06. Certain parts from the family (this case Dyna) may work?? keep us posted.

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,505 Posts
I'll bet they're not the same. The frame changed in 06 or 07.
They may still fit but I'd bet against it.

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
I'll bet they're not the same. The frame changed in 06 or 07.
I was at the dealer wednesday and looked. The front mounts are the same, and the master cylinder (rear) is still the same, but due to changes in exhaust and shift linkage, the brake and shift linkage appears to be different. It won't be a direct bolt up.

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,505 Posts
I think an ideal solution presents itself here on the forum, 2 guys with late model bikes, the one with mid-controls is looking at forward controls, the one with forward controls is looking to get closer, might consider mid controls a solution, his thread is here..

I think you guys could just swap hardware...including inner primary with shifter shaft and bushing. Save each of you $600 or more.

http://www.harley-davidsonforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4332

Joey, meet Trog.. discuss..

I'm looking for a new seat. As I'm vertically challenged, does the DANNY GREY bring you any closer to the pegs?

I'm not too crazy about the Harley “Reach” seat and am looking for alternatives.

Cheers,

T

1 - 9 of 9 Posts