Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Big Chief
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a black denium hd and want to know is there a secret to keeping it clean. I mean it is clean then see a spot where a bug was and rub it a little harder and now i still see bug mark and now rub marks... Crazy:biker:

·
Try'n to behave
5,852 Posts
Just hit the whole thing with bugs and those rub marks will go away.

:laugh

Mild soap and water with a soft cloth?

·
Registered
595 Posts
I have a denim black SG I use the HD spray and wipe. I spray let it sit for 10-15 seconds and wipe with a microfiber cloth. No rubbing or scrubbing. Just a simple wipe. I have none of those marks that you describe. The bugs slide right off and I use it on the chrome to. Its a bit expensive at 7 bucks per bottle. I use a bottle per summer months.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
37 Posts
I work at CarQuest and have customers who own bikes which have the denim black and they all swear by the CarQuest glass cleaner with ammonia. Give that a try and see how it does for you. Just spray and wipe off the grime. Let me know how it works for you.

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
The sales guy actually suggested the windex and also simple green for when its real dirty. I've also found pledge works to shiny it up but I just use it every once in a while. Don't want to polish the denim finish out of it.

·
Big Chief
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks a lot for info i do have the $7 spray i apply after washing but i do not let it sit so i will try all info

·
Señor Member
19,666 Posts
No experience with denim paint. Can you hurt it? Simple green seems kind of harsh for paint, but is the flat black even cleared?

Someone school me on denim paint and what it can take.

·
Registered
595 Posts
No experience with denim paint. Can you hurt it? Simple green seems kind of harsh for paint, but is the flat black even cleared?

Someone school me on denim paint and what it can take.
Flat is a clear coat just like gloss. I wouldn't use simple green or purple power on the paint. On my dirt bike yes. I wouldn't scrub flat paint like gloss. Other than that clean at will.

·
Señor Member
19,666 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts