Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Vance & Hines twin slash have only been on for 3 months now and the weld on the end broke/separated. I hope they are quick to replace it, I don't want the bike to sit too long waiting for a replacement.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I was wondering if the baffles in both of ur muffles were the same? I have the twin slash and the baffles don't look the same

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was wondering if the baffles in both of ur muffles were the same? I have the twin slash and the baffles don't look the same
They look the same to me, 1/4 round louvers with opening pointing towards the end.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Finally received a "replacement" muffler, THEY SEND THE WRONG SIDE! Their email to me said that they were sending me a RIGHT side muffler, but they send a left side, unbelievable! Now the bike continues to sit waiting for V&H again.

Anybody know if I've had the dealer do a stage I flash, what effect would it have on the bike now by putting the stock mufflers back on my 2014 Street Glide?

·
Registered
47 Posts
my guess - it would be quieter. :eek:uttahere:

On another note, I noticed when I put my Big Shots on the bike that there were some really bad dimples in the chrome covers where they welded the clamp brackets. Looked really bad, kinda like hail damage. I called V&H and asked about it, and they acted like I should not expect better. They did send me another cover, but it was only marginally better. I had V&H pipes on my old sportster and I don't remember ever seeing anything like that. I would have noticed. I think if the need arises for new pipes, I'll be going another direction.

·
Registered
614 Posts
I just installed the twin rounds on my 14 Ultra, I hope they hold up, they look perfect out of the box and haven't heard any other complaints so only time will tell.

·
Call me Gig.
3,964 Posts
Finally received a "replacement" muffler, THEY SEND THE WRONG SIDE! Their email to me said that they were sending me a RIGHT side muffler, but they send a left side, unbelievable! Now the bike continues to sit waiting for V&H again.

Anybody know if I've had the dealer do a stage I flash, what effect would it have on the bike now by putting the stock mufflers back on my 2014 Street Glide?

Putting the stock mufflers back on won't hurt a thing with the stage 1.

·
Registered
165 Posts
In the past I found V&H to be overrated and over priced. My chrome plating was pathetic.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
V&H definitely has a problem, both with the quality of their product (lately) and my recent experience with their Customer Service leaves a lot to be desired. Bike sits waiting for V&H again, and it's as if they could care less about the customer. "Sell it, if they don't like it go somewhere else." Now I really wish that I would have.

·
"MacHine"
379 Posts
Interesting topic, as I had to replace the bracket that held both pipes to the frame. Broke in half right on the bend. I also note that when I called them, they would only warranty the part for 90 days. The guy I talked to on the phone was not that friendly nor concerned that the bracket failed. The part was only 28 bucks, but I thought they would be a tad more concerned that the bracket failed with-in a year of the dresser duels install.

·
Registered
614 Posts
I'm sorry to hear about that. My experience with V&H has been pretty good. The mufflers I bought seem to be very good quality and the FP3 fuel pack seems to be very high quality. I had to call their customer support on the fuel pack and they answered right away and were very helpful. Solved my problem in no time.

·
Registered
614 Posts
I've had several sets of their pipes and fuel packs and all have been good. They emailed me maps back for my last bikes fuel pack within an hour of the request. Don't know, maybe its hit or miss. I'll keep a close eye on my mufflers on this bike to make sure.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've had several sets of their pipes and fuel packs and all have been good. They emailed me maps back for my last bikes fuel pack within an hour of the request. Don't know, maybe its hit or miss. I'll keep a close eye on my mufflers on this bike to make sure.
I too have had V&H slip-ons before, 4 years they lasted without a problem, and no need to contact their customer service. Something has changed with their hardware production and their attitude towards the customer.

Fuel Pack c/s and their production most likely have a completely separate department/facility, and appears to have a much better customer awareness.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
THANKS TO EASTERN PERFORMANCE CYCLE I don't have to wait 2 weeks+ to get a replacement muffler from Vance & Hines (they say that they ain't got some). Eastern Performance Cycle sent a message saying that they have one in stock and will send it out to me to replace the broken one. I'd say that is great customer service on the part of EPC, and still what's up with V&H!

Now, I'll be riding very soon... :biking:

·
Registered
614 Posts
THANKS TO EASTERN PERFORMANCE CYCLE I don't have to wait 2 weeks+ to get a replacement muffler from Vance & Hines (they say that they ain't got some). Eastern Performance Cycle sent a message saying that they have one in stock and will send it out to me to replace the broken one. I'd say that is great customer service on the part of EPC, and still what's up with V&H!

Now, I'll be riding very soon... :biking:
That's where I got my mufflers from, they ship super fast and have great prices.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts