Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 13 FLHTK, LOVE IT... however could not change pipes at time of purchase, and this is the first bike in 16 years thats quite. I ordered a set of Cobra Powerflo 4.5" slip ons for it. now heres the question? I know with the new FI bikes they need to reprogram things for it to perform perfectly, but if i change the pipes, and the the aircleaner to a better high flow one, and run the bike for say 500 miles or so before i have the funds for the Screaming Eagle tunner, download, and dyno, hows it going to perform? :feedback:

·
Registered
106 Posts
If it wasme id wait ,, or just put on the pipes ,,, wait on ac till u have installed your tuner,,,, my 2 c

·
Fat Guy on the Ultra
5,388 Posts
Itll be fine. I had air cleaner and slipons on my 2010 flhtcu amd ran about 20k with no issues, never had a tuner or download.

·
Acta Non Verba
2,093 Posts
Since it's new I'd put the pipes on but save the air cleaner for when you can afford the tune as well. Just to be on the safe side and in case you have any problems, you don't want Harley to try to skip out on a warranty item.

·
Registered
37 Posts
yup...I agree...you can do the pipes but skip the cleaner til you can get the tune...dont want it running lean with all the extra air intake. Just the pipes will give you a small flat spot in the midrange but not so bad that it bogs the bike down....

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
With the O2 sensors on the newer bikes, you would probably be fine. They will compensate for the higher air flow except in the most extreme conditions. Unless you ride it super hard most of the time, I wouldn't worry about it.

A tune will help it run cooler with a richer mix. It'll also give you a little more power. But, in the mean time, you're not going to hurt anything.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts