Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope I am not breaking any rules I posted this at two forums im trying to get some info on this harley and how much it might be worth. All I know is it from early 1960s I think its a 45 police special from what I was told one time.

·
Senile Member
1,710 Posts
Mental note to self... always introduce myself on the New member page first.

Other than that, I'd guess $1000 to 1500 for that bike unless it runs, then 3 to 4 thousand.

·
Indian Larry
8,948 Posts
Those are pretty easy to work on. If you own it, it would make a fun project!
What did you want to know about it? (other than what it might be worth)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What does police special mean? Was looking at maybe selling it, it was my daddy's and I alway wanted it and I always rode on the back of it with him from 3 years old on. He was killed in a motorcycle wreck not his fault and way to young and it left me pretty shook up and he left me this bike. This isn't the one he was one when the accident happened. I have a kid now and really have no desire to ride a motorcycle after what happened and I don't want this bike to just sit in my garage forever when someone could be enjoying it . I'm sure my dad would rather it get used by someone who would appreciate it then it just sitting under a cover for years and years.

·
Indian Larry
8,948 Posts
During that time period Harley marketed the 45s to police departments as a "patrol bike" mostly for in town. The Pan head was King, but the one you have and the WLA were still pretty good sellers (ease of working on and lighter than the pan)
Many (including me) thought them to be more reliable because of a simpler design.
At one the they were VERY cheap and no one wanted them, but they have a little more interest these days.
What town do you live in?
Are you a Craigslist kind of guy??

·
Registered
62 Posts
I would be very interested in your bike....can you give us a little more info on it..? ie: year and is it a 45 ci or hopefully a big 74 ci.. Also need to know where bike is located (state). I can promise that while she gets taken apart..some of her will get to stay in the house (just don't tell my ole lady)!!!!!
Pm me and let me know what your wanting for her.

Trippin

1 - 9 of 9 Posts